• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beautifully toned Washington Quarter

7 posts in this topic

Today while my wife went shopping I decided to check out a local B&M. They were crazy busy with bullion sellers / buyers and did not have much that interested me. But finally looking through their coins this one caught my eye. Now I do not actually like the design of the Washington quarter but this coin just looked beautiful and I could not resist the urge to buy it. Not a great date but I just could not put it down after I saw it in hand. I believe it has a shot at 67 on a good day and definitely a '*' if resubmitted.

I generally like to focus on stuff I collect but made an exception this time. What do y'all think?

6063974844_dd21d32167_b.jpg

I really like that reverse! Very sharp strike and clear fields.

Just from the image alone; I don't feel that it is star material (not enough color). Nice coin, though.

Superb Gem?? So hard to say. It depends on how the grader is feeling that day. I think that above the MS 66 level is when it gets real cloudy and subjective (more than normal).

Personally, I feel that you can roll the dice but I wouldn't expect it to grade higher simply based on the images. So, my guess is no. I wouldn't waste the money on a gamble.

Still, it's a MS 66!!! Very high grade, great quarter!

I think it is a very pretty coin, accurately graded, and not worthy of a star. All in all (as long as the price was right) a solid purchase.

Thanks. The price ( NGC Guide price + 20$) though slightly high was decent I think.

I really like that reverse! Very sharp strike and clear fields.

Just from the image alone; I don't feel that it is star material (not enough color). Nice coin, though.

Superb Gem?? So hard to say. It depends on how the grader is feeling that day. I think that above the MS 66 level is when it gets real cloudy and subjective (more than normal).

Personally, I feel that you can roll the dice but I wouldn't expect it to grade higher simply based on the images. So, my guess is no. I wouldn't waste the money on a gamble.

Still, it's a MS 66!!! Very high grade, great quarter!

Thanks Walkerfan. This coin has a great eye appeal in had which I tried to capture well in the picture, but doh! . To be frank it really does not matter if it will Star or not. I am not submitting it any time time soon as I am not member of any of the TPG's clubs. As you said it has a nice strike and beautiful color. What more can I expect of the poor coin. :)

I think it is a very pretty coin, accurately graded, and not worthy of a star. All in all (as long as the price was right) a solid purchase.

I agree. A nice purchase! (thumbs u

I agree. A nice purchase! (thumbs u

I really like the look of it and congratulate you on your purchase.

Thank you guys. :)