• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909 vdb lincoln cent 1c uncirculated toned

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I am thinking of buying this coin,

I am very new to copper and I could use a hand with this one.

What would pay for this coin

The seller says he thinks the toning is caused from a long ago cleaning

Thanks so much

Alan

DSCN9967.jpg

DSCN9966.jpg

I'm not a collector of Lincoln cents, but why do both of the 9's look different? The first appears to end in a point and the second appears to be blunt.

Chris

The "9"'s in the date look like any others I've looked at. I agree the toning looks probably re-toned from an old cleaning. Not sure on value but I'd say around $15-20. (shrug)

The "9"'s in the date look like any others I've looked at. I agree the toning looks probably re-toned from an old cleaning. Not sure on value but I'd say around $15-20. (shrug)

Yep, or even less. Problem-free examples are common, so there's no reason to pay anywhere near full value for an impaired example.

Yep, or even less. Problem-free examples are common, so there's no reason to pay anywhere near full value for an impaired example.

Agreed, Why would you want a coin that's been cleaned? It's your call, but?