• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage data base

12 posts in this topic

When and why did Heritage decided to purge most of the sales history ??

That was the most useful tool I knew of when determining the value of a coin.

Must have been a glitch last night , now its fine . I have noticed over the last few weeks that on occasion stuff does not show up. Last week I did a search on a 1812/1 Bust Half – nothing was there now it is .

Must have been a glitch last night , now its fine . I have noticed over the last few weeks that on occasion stuff does not show up. Last week I did a search on a 1812/1 Bust Half – nothing was there no it is .

I've never seen it disappear but it does act ODD at times while you are doing a search...such as when you are trying to pare it down and it goes off on a tangent to a different sale or something...

It would be terrible if they took it away...to me it's the single greatest tool on the net for coin valuation, IMO. Quite an upgrade to what we had before....

jom

Mark--If you're doing a search in the entire archives (all categories), sometimes, it will only turn up 3 or 4 coins of a certain issue.

BUT if you click on one of those coins and then click on "view prices realized in other grades" ---it will then show you EVERYTHING and then you can sort it by price, grade, etc., etc.

Don't know why it works this way but that's what happens and this may be what you are referring to.

Must have been a glitch last night , now its fine . I have noticed over the last few weeks that on occasion stuff does not show up. Last week I did a search on a 1812/1 Bust Half – nothing was there now it is .

My guess is "search" was messed up.

I really REALLY REALLY prefer their OLD search to the new, more complicated one.

I really REALLY REALLY prefer their OLD search to the new, more complicated one.

And my guess is that the searcher was messed up. :devil:

;)

I much prefer the old search function, as well.

And my guess is that the searcher was messed up. :devil:

;)

I much prefer the old search function, as well.

The searcher is a total mess and for good reasons !!

Mark--If you're doing a search in the entire archives (all categories), sometimes, it will only turn up 3 or 4 coins of a certain issue.

BUT if you click on one of those coins and then click on "view prices realized in other grades" ---it will then show you EVERYTHING and then you can sort it by price, grade, etc., etc.

Don't know why it works this way but that's what happens and this may be what you are referring to.

The coin was totally missing in their data base, I have been using Heritage for 3 years and started having these issues recently.