• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love seeing all those monster boxes...

9 posts in this topic

The employees seem to be rough with the coins. Look at how the coins slide into the trays and they are allowed to fall out in the counter's hand (a female in the video). Given the treatment, how come I never see modern silver eagles grading less than MS69?

Given the treatment, how come I never see modern silver eagles grading less than MS69?

I'd assume that most dealers pre-screen their submissions (as collector's do), and most might also have a minimum grade in place to save on fees. Given the massive 69s and 70s available, it doesn't make economic sense to slab the 68s.

Also, keep in mind, the mint was bragging about selling millions of these bullion coins each year, and from what I've seen NGC grades, at most, tens of thousands, so it's just the cream of the crop coins that even get sent in for grading, I'd assume.