• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Becalmed!!

2 posts in this topic

In the Sargasso Sea of Numismatics.

Hi Folks,

It has been a fairly quiet collecting period for me lately due to the fact that I still have 27 coins in the NGC pipeline and I still have 7 more to send. According to Lisa, the first 7 of those 27 (all chopmarked foreign) will be arriving at my home in a week or so. The other 20 coins are U.S. coins that will help me complete my Jefferson Nickel Wartime set as well as add a couple of upgrades to other sets I currently maintain. The final seven coins that have yet to be submitted are also chopmarked foreign coins.

So here's my dilemma. I am very close to finishing the Jefferson short set, I am very close to getting all my chopmarked coins prepped for my Custom set and the only sets that will continue to grow are the Sacagawea sets and the 21st century set (although not this coming year).

I can't figure out where my next collecting focus will be. My budget is limited so I will not go for 10 Dollar Gold Pieces or Proof Morgans, etc. Maybe SILVER Kennedys, 1964-1970, or maybe

Silver Ikes.

Any Ideas???

Later,

Malcolm

9124.jpg

See more journals by Beaw

I would suggest something you like or can grade well

possibly IKEs? or add varieties to an existing set

I have the 11 coin Jefferson war set, and upgrades are now rather expensive

I am slowing working on the 5 varieties in this set and cool colored

keeping it to 20 max

and I am working on a favorite 20 box - color, type, grade