• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Competitive Sets - Presidential $1 and Statehood Quarters

5 posts in this topic

I was trying to add all of my P and D statehood quarters and the P Presidential $1's into my Collection Manager; however, I cannot add them to a competitive set because they are not graded by NGC or PCGS.

I've heard thru the forums that you shouldn't get a coin graded unless the value of the coin is more than the cost of getting it graded.

At what point would you get the statehood quarters or Presidential $1s graded? Mine are all uncirculated, but I really have no idea what the exact grades are.

None of them are worth sending in. If you must have them slabbed, buy them already in plastic (don't waste money on 70's!!!) But honestly, why would you want to pay the extra amount for slabbed coins? Just buy raw ones and put them in a folder.

Just buy raw ones and put them in a folder.
I have all raw, uncirculated coins and plan on putting them in a folder. Just wish I could add them to a competitive set w/out needing an official grade. Oh well.

I would say it would be much cheaper to buy them already graded then to play the self grading submission game.

BINGO! That's what I have done.

But even so the mark-up is heavy. I bought one piece by mistake. All I could get for it was $5 after I had paid $20 retail.

You buy this stuff to fill registry holes. As an investment they are the pits.