• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So are you wanting to make your own coins?

5 posts in this topic

The challenge coin (they are actually considered tokens) have been around for many, many years. One significant problem not encountered with their manufacture, they are mostly made of softer metals, easily rendering the shape and design.

Since they are not intended to circulate like coinage, decorations have been added that would normally wear off quickly if used like currency. I'm certain if you had some denomination struck up from one of those island countries and showed it to someone, they would believe you had their real coins.

Some of these pictured are not much different than the guitar & motorcycle coins from some far off obscure island nation where they are legal tender.

As far as making a counterfeit, if you wish to skirt the laws in this area, you are free to do so until caught. Coins for clubs, yes, it says they will design your token from drawing, submit for approval and make the tokens when pre-paid order is received.

The challenge coin (they are actually considered tokens) have been around for many, many years.

I think they are actually more like medals than tokens which are typically used in transactions similar to money such as "GOOD FOR ONE DRINK".

There are many private mints out there that can make medals and/or tokens. The Muncie Indiana club has theirs made by Silvertowne. There is a private mint here in my town that makes military challenge coins.