• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow

11 posts in this topic

My wife received the regular Bradford Exchange catalog today and contained in it was a promo card for the purchase of the 20th Century Silver Dollar Collection which would contain the following:

All Morgans minted from 1900-1921

Complete Peace Dollar from 1922-1935

Complete 40% Ikes from 1971 - 1978

Each year of the SBA including the 1999s

All for the low introductory price of $44.95 plus shipping and handling.

AND, if I order within the next 30 days, I can receive a custom made, all wood case, and wood handled magnifying glass as a free gift. Each coin is encapsulated in it's own plastic holder to protect it from the elements.

It's now in the "filing" bin next to my desk.

The catch is: It is a year set of 26 coins. 5 Morgans, 10 Peace, 7 Ikes, and 4 Sacs that will cost you $1168.70. for the set. Just another ripoff. Read the ad. Then, throw it in the trash. 15 90% silver pieces and some pocket change aren't worth that much.

The catch is: It is a year set of 26 coins. 5 Morgans, 10 Peace, 7 Ikes, and 4 Sacs that will cost you $1168.70. for the set. Just another ripoff. Read the ad. Then, throw it in the trash. 15 90% silver pieces and some pocket change aren't worth that much.
Then the ad is fraudulent, due to its use of "all" to describe the Morgans, "complete" to describe the Peace Dollars, etc.

"Issue One - 1980-S Susan B. Anthony Silver Dollar" will be followed by "Issue Two - 1971 Eisenhower Silver Dollar", followed by "Issue Three including your FREE wood display case" and additional collectible U.S. silver dollars as they become available...

Price: $44.95 US Each Issue plus s&s $5.00 US

ok, my question is what type of shape are the coins in? something is way outta place here

That's just it. There is no guarantee to the condition of any of these coins. For all anyone knows, they could all be below G and worth only melt (on the 90% silvers).

Except for exceptional proofs or a MS70 D/UCAM, what Ike dollar has a value of almost $50?

Except for the rarer SBA of 79 and the clear "S" proof from 81, the others aren't worth that much either, IMO.

And then there is the small print

Coins minted after 1935 will be offered in Brilliant Uncirculated Condition. Coins minted up to and including 1935 will be offered in Very Good (VG) Collector's Condition

Oh and under Features it mentions that the "complete" Peace dollar collection is from 1922 to 1935.

Oh and under Features it mentions that the "complete" Peace dollar collection is from 1922 to 1935.

And here I've been busting my hump looking for the 21 Peace 40.gif