• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this telling me something?

8 posts in this topic

Pocket Changers Alert.

In the last week I have received 2 Kenndy half dollars as change from patronage of local business establishments. Well, it's been a long time since a Kennedy has found it's way to my change pocket. Can't guess really.

The really cool thing is, I got them in date order. 1972 and then the 1973. (thumbs u

If I get a 1971 or a 74 in the very near future "setting me up for a small straight", think I am compelled to start a collection.

Just for fun!

OP

113249.jpg.946827dc2765d822c02d0c59cda3da3f.jpg

113250.jpg.f83383ab4e5c56919f38d9f4203cdb63.jpg

There's a small grocery store in the small town where I live that occasionally gives Kennedy half dollars in change. I can't remember the last time I got one in change from any other place.

I have a friend that works at the only convenience store in town. She saves coins she thinks I might want. Her best find so far has been a nice 1964 quarter. I suspect someone dipped into the old change jar.IMG_0029.jpg

If I get a 1971 or a 74 in the very near future "setting me up for a small straight", think I am compelled to start a collection.

Just for fun!

OP

If you do, let me know. I've still got a lot of the 65-67 SMS sets as well as many of the Mint sets from the 70's & 80's.

Chris

About a week ago, I got a Euro coin in change from Aldi. I assume it was mistaken for a nickel lol . That was not too long after I got a Mercury dime in change from the same store!