• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Super 4th Of July Weekend

50 posts in this topic

I'm officially starting my 4th of July weekend. The company I work for gives a four day weekend over the 4th. :) Plus I only worked six hours but paid for eight! :grin:

I hope everyone has fun this weekend but also be safe while having fun. (thumbs u

Post whatever you like that is numismatic related.

This one came from Mark Feld: (thumbs u

1834hcobvNGC.jpg

1834hcrevNGC.jpg

I have always loved your 1834 half cent, here is my 1832 for a full cent enjoyment - a Scotsman auction win, James cataloged it and all I can say is that he is the most honest cataloger around, he nailed his description of this example.

1832hcPCGSMS64blkcomp.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone. I hope everyone stays safe in their journeys. For myself, the 4th is my birthday (earliest recorded birth time on the 4th in 1976 according to the research conducted by The Grand Rapids Press on Michigan), but I have no huge plans other than prepare for my next college class that starts on the 5th.

03-29-2011112736AM.jpg

SSA50131.jpg

SSA50130.jpg

Again, have a wonderful and safe holiday everyone.

-Chris#2

Happy 4th to ya'll also. I took off tomorrow for a 4-day wknd to go to Okla and give my daughter away.

Congratulations to you, your daughter, and the rest of your family.

Happy 4th to ya'll also. I took off tomorrow for a 4-day wknd to go to Okla and give my daughter away.

Hopefully thsts a wedding your talking about :o

And if so, Congratulations on your "little " girls big day :applause:

That it is Martin. Thank you! and you too coinman!

Have a safe trip Bobby and congrats :hi:

101_0203-1.jpg

Purchased from CRO. It is quite the beauty, especially when seen in hand.

24.jpg

I love the Die polish lines in this coin (thumbs u

One of a Father's proudest moments. Hope all goes well for both of you. (thumbs u

1897pcobv1B.jpg

For me the Fourth of July is like Christmas in the summer time. :whee:

NGC under graded this 1835 half cent as an MS-63, brown. It's easily an MS-64, brown with shot as MS-65. That's why I still own it. When I was a dealer I didn't feel like losing money on it because of the low ball grade.

1835HalfCentOJPG-1.jpg1835HalfCentR-1.jpg

Whether or not you think that this is original, this has a great look for a Braided Hair type half cent. These coins are hard to find with very much red color. This is graded MS-64, R&B, and yes, I saw the finger print when I bought it.

1855halfcentO.jpg1855halfcentR.jpg

Best wishes to all for a fun and safe holiday.

Chris

Photo courtesy of Stephanie, aka Coinsarefun.

113200.jpg.3384ac5ad2298fa41c30f44740e9c981.jpg

Have a great safe weekend everyone!!

Well I am one of those guys that volunteers to work every holiday just because I don't like going out of town when everyone else does.

I am working Saturday and Monday thru Saturday next week. I am getting ready to go on a 2 week vacation in August. It will be good times!!

Congrats on the wedding Bobby!!

Chris

113200-1.jpg

I went to a Capital 4th celebration while living in DC in 1996, sat on the Capitol steps the whole evening with a Dutch, French, New Zealander, and a fellow American - er ah, when they shot the fireworks off to the west between the Lincoln and Washington Memorials, I don't remember a silver eagle flying over us....... (shrug)

Chris

113200-1.jpg

I went to a Capital 4th celebration while living in DC in 1996, sat on the Capitol steps the whole evening with a Dutch, French, New Zealander, and a fellow American - er ah, when they shot the fireworks off to the west between the Lincoln and Washington Memorials, I don't remember a silver eagle flying over us....... (shrug)

20 years earlier, we attended the Bicentennial 4th of July Celebration in DC. All three bridges flanking the Tidal Basin were closed to traffic to accommodate parking. We parked the car on Arlington Memorial Bridge and walked to the Tidal Basin. There were about 2 million people who attended the fireworks show, and when it ended around midnight, my car didn't move an inch until 4am. We finally made our way north to M Street and headed west toward Maryland, stopping at the Little Tavern on M Street to order 4 dozen mini-burgers for the six of us. We finally made it home at 7 am.

Chris