• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANSWER POSTED! GTG: 1832 Capped Bust half-dollar

16 posts in this topic

The answer is:

NGC AU-50!

By my personal standard, it grades EF-40, though there is very nearly enough luster to go to EF-45. However, I think the phenomenal toning is what gave it a (big) boost at NGC. How often do you see concentric, symmetrical bull's-eye toning on BOTH sides of a bustie?

I have an XF 45 with slightly less wear than that one. It definitely is market graded at 50. Still appears to have dirt clinging to it as well...

The answer is:

NGC AU-50!

By my personal standard, it grades EF-40, though there is very nearly enough luster to go to EF-45. However, I think the phenomenal toning is what gave it a (big) boost at NGC. How often do you see concentric, symmetrical bull's-eye toning on BOTH sides of a bustie?

James, who owns this coin, and seriously, how do I go about buying it?

Haha! Success, the coin is now mine! :)

Damn it . I was just reading the thread earlier this morning and thought James might of owned it .

Quick and the dead lol

Any way , I didn't like it because it was to, um, Round :roflmao: