• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

major grading service ad in 12/30/02 coin world page 25..WITH.................

10 posts in this topic

in the dec 30 coin world page 25 there is a full page ad by PCI coin grading service

saying that they have the fastest turnaround time............ but what is really interesting is the little characturiture

next to where it says PCI coin grading service

there is an older man balding in a darkened room

with a pair of bi focals on with a magnifyer attatched to his bifocals sitting at a desk

with a high intensity lamp shining on the desk and he is clutching in his right hand a raw coin with a thumb on

the coin also

in his left hand is a pair of plyers

what does this mean for you to have a major grading service have a full page rather expensive ad

with this type of

drawing in it??

sincerely michael

Michael

I just checked it out. Too funny! The pliers are a real nice touch. The thumb on the raw coin is very common and from what I've heard happens frequently at PCGS. wink.gif

Mark

I hope that everyone on the boards understands that PCI is no longer a 'major' service or even reputable for that matter. If any of you think it is of any benefit having your coins handled by Brian Beardsley, you are sadly mistaken and perhaps, in the not to distant future, for your sake, that may no longer be possible.

for me i thought it funny because you have a picture of an older white man sitting in a

darkened room with a high beam intensity lamp like grading rooms

and being an ad for a grading service i thought with all this mishandeling of coins

to me it doesnot help the rep of a gradinhg service showing a grader or even a hobbhist

at home handling his prised coins by his palm with a thumb on

the coin and plyers in the other hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

but i guess that was my interpretation

sincerely michael

Michael - I only got the Dec 23rd issue of Coin World this weekend! frown.gif Montana - always a day, year, decade or two late.

Hoot