• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pricing SMS coins...

4 posts in this topic

NumisMedia doesn't seem to list any prices for SMS coins. When determining how much an SMS coin is worth, what factors do you look at? Obviously I have access to the NGC population data and mintage data. But I'm curious where else you might find info that would help with determining fair market value.

Alan, are you talking about the classic SMS, 1965 - 67 or the modern SMS?

They are very hard to price and actually they are still reasonably priced for rare coins, at least the classic SMS. Especially in high Cameo grades. Your best bet is to search Teletrade and Heritage auction realized prices.

I was referring to the modern SMS (2005-2010). I need a few to complete my Westward Journey set. They don't come up for auction often (because they are so modern, I'm assuming), so it's difficult to find completed auction prices. I was looking through eBay's completed auctions this morning, forgot to give Heritage a try, will do that now.

Teletrade auction archives are easier to find comparables than eBay

just remember that you need to add the bp and shipping charges as many of these are under $50