• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Coin related- Cigarrette lighter

11 posts in this topic

Is there anyone around here that collects or knows much about old lighters. The lighter shown is an old Penguin lighter. It is my moms and she asked me about it. I found a bunch of penguins, just not this type. Most range from about $25-50. Anyone have any better values for this thing? Thanks!!

PenguinLighter.jpg

That has a double interest for people, b/c it will appeal to breweriana collectors as well!!

That's an old flat top beer can that was made made into a lighter. Very cool!!

there is def. a market niche for that.

That has a double interest for people, b/c it will appeal to breweriana collectors as well!!

That's an old flat top beer can that was made made into a lighter. Very cool!!

there is def. a market niche for that.

This is actually a factory made lighter. It is made by Penguin. They have some lighters that are very collectible and I even found a set of ten normal pocket lighters that were associated with the military that were valued between $10,000 - 12,000. This one is not that valuable by far but Penguin did make some collectible lighters.

It's cool. I like it alot.

It is made by a reputable lighter company and also made for beer enthuaists.

I have one lighter and it is a Zippo with a wolf on it.

Being a collector by nature, I bought it just to say that I have one. It cost me 27 bucks in 1997. :)

I have 3 zippos also. 2 of them the lid was getting loose on them and I sent them to zippo and they put all new insides in them, repaired the lids, and also sent the old insides back. All this for free. They have a very nice Lifetime Guarantee.

I know nothing about these but I did buy a brass cigarette case made for the Union Castle Line, a British royal mail service and passenger liner. The outside top has a map of Africa and Europe with a line drawing the route the ship took from South Hampton, England to South Africa. The inside top has a map of the London Underground. My guess is that it dates from the 1950's or slightly before. It cost me $275 on eBay but I have no idea what it is worth and it does not really matter to me.

I've had this lighter since the mid-80's. It's made from cast iron. The fin on Zilla's back is the striker, and the flame comes out of his mouth. If you set it to "high", the flame shoots out about 6".

Chris

113022.jpg.e91dc848d4afa8c7a077eec53f647279.jpg

113023.jpg.75a90104f9fd792fe459d7c1a690c35b.jpg

Neat collectibles. A few years back, I sold many such similar items in a garage sale I had. It was time to pass along these pieces of a time long gone, when kids collected& traded baseball cards, fanned their bicycle with them and played flip. Adults, purchased such items as a testament to their consumer product interest in USA or Fine European made items.