• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1914-D lincoln cents

10 posts in this topic

is this date collected outside of lincoln cent date collecting?

how many 1914-d lincoln cents do you currently own??

raw or slabbed damaged or not??

I have one raw piece in VG that is part of my boyhood collection of Lincoln cents. I bought it in the early 1980s when I finally decided to finish the set.

Today there are a great many collectors or speculators who buy nothing but key date coins. These folks don't bother with the common dates which is a shame. The result is that the prices for key date coins are higher than they should be IMO.

When I was date and mint set collector many years ago I had fun studying about what happened during every covered in my sets. The trouble is I never was much for collecting every mint mark coin, which was what drew me to Indian cents and pushed me away from the Barber coins. Then my interest in type coins were took hold, and I've done very litte set collecting for many years.

I have owned a dozen but today I have three. One 64RD, one raw VF and one counterfeit (I guess that makes two).

Lance.

I own three that I know of, and all are slabbed. They include 1 VG8, 1 F15, and 1 VF25 piece. I may also have a slabbed G4, but I may have sold this one (I don't have my inventory log with me at the moment).

While I have several 1914-D's in my inventory, I only have one in my personal collection, and it is one of my most favorite coins in my collection. Bought it as NGC MS64 BN and always thought it should have been MS65 BN because of its beauty and lack of flaws. So sent it in the NGC holder to PCGS and it came back MS64 BN. When PCGS announced the Secure Plus, I sent it in hoping for at least an MS64+ and finally got an MS65!

26.jpg

I have 0 but am accepting donations :grin: I'm missing a few of the key dates but am working on my wheat penny collection now.

Missing:

1931-S

1924-D

1922 No D

1909--1915 mints other than P

1909 S VDB

Rob

While I have several 1914-D's in my inventory, I only have one in my personal collection, and it is one of my most favorite coins in my collection. Bought it as NGC MS64 BN and always thought it should have been MS65 BN because of its beauty and lack of flaws. So sent it in the NGC holder to PCGS and it came back MS64 BN. When PCGS announced the Secure Plus, I sent it in hoping for at least an MS64+ and finally got an MS65!

26.jpg

I usually don't like chocolate colored copper coins, but your coin is beautiful. Why do you think the piece only received a MS64 grade originally?

I don't know, as soon as I saw it I thought it should have been in a 65 holder. The luster, strike, and toning are just amazing. There is one tiny ding on the reverse at 9:00 and one tiny speck on the reverse at 3:00 but IMO they are not significant enough to keep it from MS65, which PCGS eventually agreed.