• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHERE DID MY "FRIENDS LIST " GO?????? posted by Six Mile Rick

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Is NGC trying to take the friends out of collecting????

Friends, OR should I say Following and followers?

Yes I'm pis*ed off on that note. Give me back my friends list!!!

If there are no longer friends lists intended in this club I say good luck to ya. I don't care who is following who but I do care about all the guys and gals in my friends list. Please return.

Later-----

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Is NGC trying to take the friends out of collecting????

Friends, OR should I say Following and followers?

Yes I'm pis*ed off on that note. Give me back my friends list!!!

If there are no longer friends lists intended in this club I say good luck to ya. I don't care who is following who but I do care about all the guys and gals in my friends list. Please return.

Later-----

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

:eek:

Whatever they are trying to accomplish I hope they finish soon. I can no longer pull up members to view or send messages to. Thanks Jim, yeah I probably need to give them a call.

Later--Rick

• Administrator

Hi Six Mile Rick,

Your friends list is still there, and contains the same people you have always had on it. We've done a few things with the latest update:

1. We changed the friends terminology to follow/following. We wanted the names of these features to better indicate how they work. For example, on facebook you can add "friends" but that requires that you add them and that they accept. On twitter you "follow" people but do not need their permission to do it. Since our system works more like the twitter model, we thought it would help new users to more comfortably understand what happens when they "follow" someone.

2. We added public visibility to the following/follow lists so that people can now share who they're following and see who is following them. This should help our members to spread the word about people who have interesting sets and/or good journal articles.

3. We added a new popup menu that appears when you click a user's name. This popup will give you options to do a number of things without having to move around to different pages. Namely, you can now:

---Send a user a message

---Visit the user's home page

---Follow/unfollow or ignore a user

---See who the user is following

---See who is following that user

All from a single convenient popup.

From your comments, it sounds like you have be having a technical problem with seeing that pop up. We will be following up with you to determine if there is a bug or glitch that needs attention.

Hopefully we will get that worked out for you quickly and you can enjoy the new features.

Regards,

Arch