• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A call for help (Update)

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys-

I just wanted to take a minute and ask coin collectors in the forum to lend me their ears. There's an older couple (Dave & Lily) that has a card & coin shop in my town, and they have helped me a lot over the years to grow within this great Hobby. Dave has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and doesn't have much longer to live. Lily is most likely going to close up shop as she is too old to run the place by herself. In short, she needs to move her coins so that she can pay expenses that are no doubt going to arise. She has mostly modern type coinage, with complete sets of franklins, nickels, silver eagles, etc. I will be listing her stuff in the market place in the near future.

If there are any modern type coins you might be interested in, PM me and I'll check for you. Money orders are preferred, obviously made out in her name. We can take paypal as well.

Thank you for your time-

Charlie

Charlie,

I am working on mint sets 1964 and earlier. Also working on silver dollar commemorative set.

If your friend has any pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, halfs--1909--to--1964--I may be interested.

Good Luck,

Rick

Tony Spencer, (Lily's husband) passed away today. Funeral is scheduled for monday morning. Her kids have taken over the reigns, and I will be meeting with them later on in the week.

His obituary will be in the paper tomorrow (www.themonitor.com) if anyone wants to log-in and leave a kind word from the numismatic community, even if you didn't know him, that would be greatly appreciated.