• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG - Accented Hair Kennedy-update photos

14 posts in this topic

I'm getting ready to send this raw AH Proof Kennedy in for grading. I would appreciate everyone's guess on the grade and if you think it will receive a Cameo/DC designation.

6b718864.jpg

b6dcc8ed.jpg

d1985a7c.jpg

eba32660.jpg

Larger photos to show the marks, not necessarily better overall images.

073db0f9.jpg

be9bcad4.jpg

Bob, if it weren't for the streaks I'd go 67, but I'm going to say it's a 66 Cam, close to Ucam, but I don't believe the obverse makes it.

This is a very clean example with very impressive mirrors for the variety. Usually the Acc Hair have horrible spotting. Nice coin, and I like it.

And, while I was replying to this, James replied, and I'll have to say, I'm not sure if those marks are milk spots or not, if they are, no conservation will help it, if they aren't then that's 50/50.

Can someone refresh my memory ( whats left of it anyway ) and remind me what GTG stands for. Thanks in advance :)

Guess the Grade, but in this case (since there is no assigned grade), I'll just change it to Give a Grade.

I'd call it a 65+ CAM *. I don't think it gets 66 (but its almost there) and I don't think it gets UCAM (but its almost there). This to me truly looks like one of those borderline magnificent coins, and might get there with proper conservation.

Originally I was leaning towards sending it to PCGS, but after advice from the fine folks here, I'm now leaning towards the NCS>NGC route. My first thoughts on the coin were 66Cam. I don't think it has a prayer of U/DCAM. Maybe with proper conservation, 66/67 could be a realistic result.

Thank you all for all all the great guesses and advice. (worship)

The new photos make me rethink to a 65 Star Cam. The reason, the frost looks thicker, the first ones gave the impression of a slight bit of shine on the obverse. Which upgrades my cameo thinking but not quite ucam. The reverse, there's that ugly rust colored spot on the reverse at 3:30 by the star. Still a very nice coin.

Can someone refresh my memory ( whats left of it anyway ) and remind me what GTG stands for. Thanks in advance :)

Guess the Grade, but in this case (since there is no assigned grade), I'll just change it to Give a Grade.

lol, thanks robec :) best wishes