• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1939-S/Jefferson/Rev of 1940/MS-65/ FStepper

3 posts in this topic

The Quality and Full-Strike of this coin is superb,the more I study this, It may just Qualify for an' Up-Grade, >>>What would you do ?

In my opinion, the reverse is an excellent strike for a 1939-S and the steps are full and very well defined. There are no bag marks on the steps that interupt them. There is also the beginning of what appears to be a sixth step on the left side of the coin or something that might have occurred from the strike. This coin doesn't exhibit any patina at this time.(layer of surface metal that has changed as a result of interaction with environmental agents) The mirror-like

image is what really caught my attention to this coin. I cannot emphasize enough how I think this coin is so rare in this condition and currently undervalued. Here are the photo(s) to see for yourself. I wanted to share this

beauty with all of you, Enjoy!

I need your thoughts on this, is it a candidate for an upgrade? Thanks In advance, for any help on this matter. Respectively' Jim/jb4gpo

112869.jpg.a57724eaa2f5570d0a8c1541ed103a53.jpg

112870.jpg.a14cb38c64d87b2c28d870d69446bc96.jpg

I'll be the first to say it's very hard to grade a coin from images. But with that being said, I do kinda know a little about nickels and how they receive the grade assigned. Luster rules the roost so to speak. This nickel has a great strike, no question about that. But, sometimes it take a little bit more to receive a higher grade and if the luster is not booming or blooming it may hold the coin back a bit. I think your nickel is just superb & with full steps it's just a great find!! Enjoy......