• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something you don't see everyday....

21 posts in this topic

So, I was taking this picture today, had the camera setup with a 10 second time delay. And lo and behold what comes running across the slab at a most inopportune moment. Anyone else ever have anything like this happen before? Oh and just for your info, this is the $5 version, so the coin is about the size of a dime.

IndianSpider.jpg

I'm glad you put it on the web, . Get it WEB . Nevermind :)
Haha! Nice one!!

:o

I hope it isn't a brown recluse!

James, not sure what kind it was, but I know what kind it is..... DEAD!!!

I don't think it's a brown recluse. It doesn't have the "violin" pointing toward the abdomen.

Chris

112793.jpg.d8f58530143ad58acf2244aa5ba64af0.jpg

Not a brown recluse.

brown_recluse1.jpg .. recluse_violin_pattern.gif

The Brown Recluse has a distinctive fiddle on its thorax and has only 6 eyes arranged in pairs versus 8 for other spiders. The legs on the Recluse are much longer than whats shown in the OP's photo anyway.

Just nasty! I hate spiders !! But I've got to say I love that gold Buff more than I hate spiders!!!!!! Must have going at a pretty good clip, it's blurry....

Cool photo!

Spiders don't bother me. If you have them you usually also have little bugs running around that the spiders will be happy to dispose of free of charge.

On the other hand, snakes... :eek:

The Brown Recluse has a distinctive fiddle on its thorax and has only 6 eyes arranged in pairs versus 8 for other spiders. The legs on the Recluse are much longer than whats shown in the OP's photo anyway.

If I remember correctly, the violin marker for the brown recluse appears only as it matures. Immature specimens do not show it!

I once lived in a house that turned out to be severely infested with them. Many mornings, I woke up with spider bites. Apparently, I do not have the horrible reaction to them that some folks do, but the effects can be devastating. A policeman friend of mine was bit on the leg by one many years ago, and he has carried an ugly 2" cavity ever since. It simply rotted away part of his leg.

Cool photo!

Spiders don't bother me. If you have them you usually also have little bugs running around that the spiders will be happy to dispose of free of charge.

This little 5-footer was nice enough to pose for me before I put him in the grass.

Chris

112825.jpg.5d118aaa9924c964ae4334de8c51f49f.jpg

Cool photo!

This little 5-footer was nice enough to pose for me before I put him in the grass.

Chris

This nasty little critter got beaten with a push broom.

Rattlesnake-02W.jpg

Very cool! You should have written that it was embedded in the plastic of the slab and would have gotten some interesting comments. hm:o

Very cool! You should have written that it was embedded in the plastic of the slab and would have gotten some interesting comments. hm:o

If that had been the case, he could have sent it to Mark for grading. He's had previous experience grading critters.

Chris

i sometimes add these to soups and chowders

Bullion? :)

Lovely markings, What kind was he?

i sometimes add these to soups and chowders

Bullion? :)

Lovely markings, What kind was he?

Corn snake!