• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kryptonitecomics on Ebay

137 posts in this topic

I think it would help to post in the CGC marketplace...

True..any why is he continuously posting "TTT"???? its kind of annoying when 80% of the comments are from the original poster saying the same thing 70 times..Its almost spamming. :tonofbricks:

You can't spam in the BST forum so I have no clue what your talking about.....I have a right to post here that I have auctions running once a day...ttt stands for to the top and is standard practice on all coin forums when you want to bring your sales thread back to the top. If TTT is anoying to you then by all means please refrain from opening the sales thread as that is the only purpose for post in this section. It would make no sense to start a new thread every day saying check out my auctions....so TTT makes perfect sense....do you think everyone checks this section every single day?

"noow" which you responded too thought I was selling comic books hence his reference to me posting in the CGC marketplace however if you checked out my auctions you would see I only have coins listed.

First off, I never said you didn't have the right to post here. 2nd, OBVIOUSLY, saying "TTT" instead of saying check out these listings, didn't make sense to me,I don't know it means "To The Top". I've never used it to "promote" threads nor have I seen it used on more than half the marketplace posts I've seen. And I doubt people check any of your posts more than once. 3rd, Telling me not to view the sales forum just because I'm annoyed by seeing 10 out of 13 pages saying the same thing, was a stupid thing to say. Like I said, I didn't know what the hell "TTT" stands for, for all I knew, it was some comic geek term. and It kind of is spamming, which is to send unimportant advertisements or promotions thru email, or public online posting areas.

But if you think it makes your Ebay sales boost, good for you, let your ego have fun. A better way to get your thread back to the top, would be to post something that people can weigh in on. but your soo concerned about the longjevity of your posts it makes me laugh. I for one, don't care if one of my posts looses interest, because there are plenty more on here.

First off, I never said you didn't have the right to post here. 2nd, OBVIOUSLY, saying "TTT" instead of saying check out these listings, didn't make sense to me,I don't know it means "To The Top". I've never used it to "promote" threads nor have I seen it used on more than half the marketplace posts I've seen. And I doubt people check any of your posts more than once. 3rd, Telling me not to view the sales forum just because I'm annoyed by seeing 10 out of 13 pages saying the same thing, was a stupid thing to say. Like I said, I didn't know what the hell "TTT" stands for, for all I knew, it was some comic geek term. and It kind of is spamming, which is to send unimportant advertisements or promotions thru email, or public online posting areas.

But if you think it makes your Ebay sales boost, good for you, let your ego have fun. A better way to get your thread back to the top, would be to post something that people can weigh in on. but your soo concerned about the longjevity of your posts it makes me laugh. I for one, don't care if one of my posts looses interest, because there are plenty more on here.

The purpose of a buy, sell, and trade forum is to buy, sell, or trade items. Given that he is linking to his eBay auctions which consist solely of coins (i.e. the purpose of this particular forum) then it is by definition NOT spam. With regards to eBay sales, I think he knows more about it than most on the boards. He has run a successful eBay store for years, and he has quite a loyal following. Also, look at the prices that he is able to obtain for his clients; I don't think exposure is an issue for him.

Finally, you admit that you didn't know what "TTT" meant so how can you label something as spam or apply any other derogatory term if you don't understand what it means? Moreover, I think his reply to you was spot on: if you don't like his thread and/or find it annoying, then you don't have to read it.

I told you not to click on my listing if it annoys you...wise advice if you ask me and not a stupid thing to say (thumbs u Are you the same time of person who complains about the prices of starbucks coffee and then continue to buy coffee from them...same difference. Nobody is forcing you to check out my listings in the B/S/T so there is no reason for you to be annoyed...simply avoid (shrug)

The fact that you are not familiar with coin forum lingo is not my concern and if you had asked what TTT meant I would have graciously told you but instead you jumped into a completely legitimate sales thread and started complaining about things you admit you had no clue about. It doesn't appear that I am the one with the problem but rather you seem to be a bit inexperienced? Spamming on a coin forum consists of one of two things....1st going into the regular coin section and posting a bunch of images and saying hey these are for sale vs using the B/S/T section. 2nd starting multiple sales threads in the B/S/T section instead of having just one (like me) and or bumping your sales thread more than once a day (not like me). So once again...learn the rules before you criticize this thread as everything I am doing is accepted and within the rules.

If you had every done business with me or spent two seconds seeing how I treat others on and off these forums then you would know your "ego" comments are way off base and insulting. The "longevity of my posts"....what the heck does that mean? I thought it was smart to keep the same sales thread running vs creating an identical one each day...call me crazy lol This thread and section have nothing to do with post counts and keeping folks interested in a topic.....again you seem to not understand that the section is simply meant to draw attention to what an individual is selling....nothing more nothing less. If you want a riviting and educational post about toned morgans then go to the US coin section and read up...your in the wrong area lol

In reference to how kryptonitecomics treats people, I can honestly say that I recently did business with them through eBay for the first time. Although the item I won was meant for my wife and she ended up not liking it, they were very considerate and understanding. Excellent communication as well. I never had a point where I was worried about getting a refund. And for that I definetly plan to do business with them again very soon. Except this time, for me. So technically, it does boost their eBay sales because this link is where I found the store. Thanks Shane for keeping me up to date on our recent transaction. I hope to get a chance to do business again soon.

Sorry for the rant, I was mainly just really pleased with how kryptonitecomics conducted their business and felt they deserved a shout out!

Later

Nick

For the record, I have never seen a "comic geek" use TTT in a FS thread.

For the record, I have never seen a "comic geek" use TTT in a FS thread.

Well that's good to know so I am safe using.....

TTT

I wouldn't want to soil the good name of comic geeks everywhere :devil:

Being new to NGC I really don't want to make enemies nor do I wish to get in the middle of someone else's battles or scraps, but I wish this thread was used to sell coins etc. here and that hell hole E-bay was outlawed and or blocked all together. If I wanted to buy on E-bay I would have gone to E-bay, but I don't. I want to meet and deal with collectors and dealers who wish to sell at a fair price properly graded and described coins. Not that junk and out right fraudlent on E-bay, which is becoming more previlent on that crappy site.

I am not sure why my sales thread has turned into a platform for folks to air their grievances but let me respond.

The buy sell trade section was established to allow forum member to highlight their coins for sale to other forum members. Whether that be through direct sales on the boards or via auction sites like Heritage, Ebay, Teletrade etc. It serves its purpose and the fact that the subject of my B/S/T thread states "Kryptonitecomics on Ebay" It's pretty hard not to figure out that I am selling on Ebay and simply avoid my sales thread. I know that others don't always list the venue, like for sale here only or Ebay etc. but I do so my threads are easily avoided if you have an ax to grind with Ebay.

I am not going to argue that there are some shady characters on Ebay...that much is true but I am not one of them. I list all of my auctions starting at $.99 cents and I accept returns for any reason " coin doesn't match my curtains". I have some of the best high res images on Ebay that show front and back slab as well as close up front and back cropped shots. So if you want to start a thread in the B/S/T section talking about why you hate Ebay them be my guest but to do so in my Ebay sales thread is disrespectful to me. (tsk)

For what it's worth I think you will find that there have been plenty of threads in this section about bad dealings with forum members and rip offs etc. so even buying on these forums does not guarantee that you will never have issues any more than buying on Ebay guarantees you’re going to be ripped off by a bad apple.

Due to all of this garbage being added to my sales threat I am going to wait a few days and ask the mods to delete my sales thread and I will be starting a new one so I can get back to simply selling coins.

you missed my point. I apologise if I offended you. What I am saying is I wish there was a thread on ngc where we can trade amoung ourselves and not through e bay. It is pretty aggrivating to look for a sale or trade in this thread and about 95% of them send you to ebay. If you were to have a key Lincoln I wanted or needed I would be more than happy to work a deal with you, just not with ebay or pay pal envolved. The bad taste I have with them is just overpowering, and I will not go there again.

So you read this:

So if you want to start a thread in the B/S/T section talking about why you hate Ebay them be my guest but to do so in my Ebay sales thread is disrespectful to me.

And then you felt it was appropriate to post this. You are unbelievable!

you missed my point. I apologise if I offended you. What I am saying is I wish there was a thread on ngc where we can trade amoung ourselves and not through e bay. It is pretty aggrivating to look for a sale or trade in this thread and about 95% of them send you to ebay. If you were to have a key Lincoln I wanted or needed I would be more than happy to work a deal with you, just not with ebay or pay pal envolved. The bad taste I have with them is just overpowering, and I will not go there again.

He got your point, we all got your point. The title of the thread is Kryptonitecomics on E-Bay. Did you think he was kidding about the E-Bay part? There are plenty of threads in the BST that are not linked to E-Bay. You are welcome to read them, respond to them, and buy all the coins you want without ever paying E-Bay or Paypal a dime. What you are not welcome to do is to come to someone's E-Bay sales thread and start ranting.

Here is what you don't understand. If you are selling a handful of coins, then listing them individually on the NGC BST is a reasonable way to sell them. When you are selling hundreds of coins, it would be impossible to keep track of all of the transactions in a thread here. Not to mention, the exposure on the NGC BST is but a fraction of the exposure that E-Bay provides a seller. Furthermore, the fees associated with E-Bay & Paypal are less than major auction houses which charge 15% so IMO, your rant doesn't even hold merit.

Now, if you want to discuss it further, start a new thread in the Numismatic General forum and leave this and all other E-Bay sales threads in the BST alone!

Geez...you can't even move a thread up without someone jumping on your back anymore.

In response, I've "TTT'd" the thread of a damn good seller on eBay. So there: imagesqtbnANd9GcTSvXlEBoK3-Np-0M9el.jpg

jom