• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PayPal Paid for my Vacation :)

7 posts in this topic

I know its my money returned but did anyone else become part of the class action lawsuit and get a check in the mail this week :)

Nice surprise to see that PAYPAL settled so quickly and a check cut so fast hehehehe

"You may be a Class Member and could get a benefit if you are a U.S. based PayPal account holder who funded a PayPal transaction on or after February 1, 2004, using a source other than a credit card and who: (i) subsequently requested a reversal of the transaction through PayPal’s prevailing Buyer Complaint Policy and/or Buyer Protection Policy; (ii) did not receive a refund equal to 100% of your transaction payment in response to such request from PayPal or your bank; and (iii) through the timely submission of a Claim Form under oath, attest to a reasonable and good faith belief that you would have received a full reversal of such payment had you used a valid credit card in your possession at the time of the subject transaction to fund the payment and filed a timely chargeback request with your credit card issuing bank. The Settlement provides, among other things, that certain persons who funded transactions through PayPal on or after February 1, 2004 using a source other than a credit card, may be entitled to receive a share of three million five hundred thousand dollars ($3,500,000)-The deadline to submit a Claim Form was December 14, 2008"

"You may be a Class Member and could get a benefit if you are a U.S. based PayPal account holder who funded a PayPal transaction on or after February 1, 2004, using a source other than a credit card and who: (i) subsequently requested a reversal of the transaction through PayPal’s prevailing Buyer Complaint Policy and/or Buyer Protection Policy; (ii) did not receive a refund equal to 100% of your transaction payment in response to such request from PayPal or your bank; and (iii) through the timely submission of a Claim Form under oath, attest to a reasonable and good faith belief that you would have received a full reversal of such payment had you used a valid credit card in your possession at the time of the subject transaction to fund the payment and filed a timely chargeback request with your credit card issuing bank. The Settlement provides, among other things, that certain persons who funded transactions through PayPal on or after February 1, 2004 using a source other than a credit card, may be entitled to receive a share of three million five hundred thousand dollars ($3,500,000)-The deadline to submit a Claim Form was December 14, 2008"

Gotchya'!

I think I made one purchase using PayPal in 04', and it was with a credit card and there were no problems, so no qualifications here. :D

So did PayPal really pay out a good enough amount to pay for a vacation?

My check was $1623.00 - I was very busy from 04-08 with sales on Ebay

With their fees I have considerable cut down to a not even mentioning level ...