• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Completed my first set!

13 posts in this topic

…it’s a Custom Set because it actually takes three separate registry sets to make this.

I got the 2009 Lincoln Coin and Chronicles set from the Mint back in ’09. I loved it. I've long had a man-crush on Lincoln, and being from Illinois, I was happy when the mint announced these new designs.

Recently, I decided to start building an NGC-graded version of that set, including all of the circulation and SMS versions of the coins as well.

Today, that set is complete:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=6246

2009-lincoln-chronicles.jpg

The grades are as follows:

- P & D regular business strike – all MS 67

- P & D SMS versions – all MS 69

- S Proof versions – all PF 70

- P Proof and uncirculated silver dollars – PF 70 and MS 70

There are a couple MS 68 business strikes floating around out there, but they are each over $1,500 on the ‘bay, so, I’ll try to be content with my 67s (and my circulation set ranking 2nd in the registry).

I’m really happy to have completed this set. I will be moving on to the Westward Journey nickel and Sac dollar set next (if anyone has any to trade or sell me, wink wink), and will post when that set is complete.

So glad I found this forum. =)

Congrats! There are few things in coin collecting as satisfying as accomplishing a goal!

Two back pats for you!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! The proof cents and the two silver dollars are both in multiholders which were scratched to hell by the previous owner, so I'm planning on getting those re-holdered (to individual scratch-resistant holders) soon, then I need to get some decent pics of everything taken, these are good, but they're not great. Considering NGC's photoproof service, or one of the board members who take fantastic coin shots.

Off to work on some of my other sets. =)