• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Newp Toned Proof IHC From Mark Feld!

25 posts in this topic

For some reason, I love the look of toned Indian head cents, and Mark Feld had this one in his email list. In hand the coin is a nice deep bronze, but when you tilt it slightly in the light, BANG! The color just POPS! As always, Mark pics out the best coins. She is graded by NGC as PF 65 RB. Will post some of my pics soon.

Here are Mark's pics. Thanks for looking!

And..Thanks Mark! :)

mto5c0.jpg

My images:

15e7dpw.jpg

AJ

Ankur, I am glad that you're happy with the coin and appreciate your business.

For what it's worth, I think it looks like your images and the ones from my website (shot by Jeremy Katz/Airplanenut), depending upon how the coin is tilted and rotated under a light.

Ankur, I am glad that you're happy with the coin and appreciate your business.

For what it's worth, I think it looks like your images and the ones from my website (shot by Jeremy Katz/Airplanenut), depending upon how the coin is tilted and rotated under a light.

That's what is so great about a nice proof. At every angle you get a different look.

Jeremy does great work. Wish he came here more often.

I like it, and I have personally handled several coins that Mark has handpicked and they have all been PQ, maybe not so much for grade, but definitely for eye appeal. Still waiting to purchase my first coin from Mark!

I like it, and I have personally handled several coins that Mark has handpicked and they have all been PQ, maybe not so much for grade, but definitely for eye appeal. Still waiting to purchase my first coin from Mark!

hm

You guys are easy. Let's ask the hard question. You're all in love with this toning. Assume, later, it "sniffs out" "AT" for trace chemicals on it. Two questions: 1) are you no longer in love with the toning; 2) rationale?

If you see this coin in hand, you will know the the color is very natural. The progression, and the way it lies on the coin is proper. Will take her to CAC along with other coins. Frankly, the coin looks nicer than a 65 to me.

I just returned another proof IHC that was sent to me on approval. The toning looked completely wrong, and it appeared the coin had dye applied to it.

Lee, I've been the go between for one of Mark's overseas customers, but still don't own one for myself.... yet!

Got it. (thumbs u

Beautiful coin; it makes me wish that I had checked my messages to see Mark's email much sooner. I would have snapped up this piece if I had. lol

You almost have to be waiting by the computer for Marks emails. There have been a couple of coins that I emailed him as soon as I saw the picture, and it was already gone (and this was probably no more than a couple of hours after he sent the email out).