• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a rough looking 1875 Indian Penny

9 posts in this topic

i got this , and a mint/original looking 1964 quarter in a case (not slab) for $7.50 bc it came with this penny for basically free, or under $1 whichever way you look at it. figured it was a decent deal since the penny is around $10-20 in low condition i think.

im wondering if this penny is even real lol, not sure if you can tell from pictures. any ways of finding out for sure?

vq76ub.jpg

2ib0tpv.jpg

Even tho' it's an 1875, I think, tho' the pics are real bad, that it looks to have severe environmental damage and would never make a holder. For this reason, I agree with coindude as a hole filler.

Here's my point, if my son was starting an album of IHC's and he came across this one say for a dollar or two, I'd let him get it as a filler. I'd prefer that he purchase a decent coin for multiples of that price that he could live with. The reason for the buck or two is that he could give it away at that point and it wouldn't hurt him. Hope that makes sense.

i got this , and a mint/original looking 1964 quarter in a case (not slab) for $7.50 bc it came with this penny for basically free, or under $1 whichever way you look at it. figured it was a decent deal since the penny is around $10-20 in low condition i think.

im wondering if this penny is even real lol, not sure if you can tell from pictures. any ways of finding out for sure?

vq76ub.jpg

2ib0tpv.jpg

I would try to smooth out the surfaces or add enamel or some sort of epoxy to make the coin not looked scratched/nicked/pitted. I would then turn the coin into an interesting key chain. With regards to numismatic value, I would say that it is pretty much worthless (except maybe a $1 or so).