• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still Alive.

10 posts in this topic

Thought I'd pop in for a minute and say "hi" to everyone.

No, I didn't get hit by a bus, just life.

I got a new camera, was playing with coin photography, and that got me thinking about this place again.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

112503.jpg.1c687c630a244b254ed11c2cd371bf93.jpg

Missed ya, man! Hope to see you around more.

We'll see. I thought I finally had everything figured out. Then undergrad ended and grad began.

Since I stopped posting here, I earned my B.S. in ChemE in December 09. In my "down time" I earned an A.A. in visual arts in Aug 2010 and started my Ph.D. in ChemE in Sept. 2010. I'm also beginning to get back into my artwork and I'm starting to be able to sell prints of my work for the first time in my life. It has been crazy.

I don't know yet if I'll be around more. I've tried to come back several times unsuccessfully. Haven't really shopped for a coin in over a year.

Good to see you back. What camera did you get?

I've been using a Kodak Z650 for the last 5 years.

I just bought a Canon T3i dSLR. It came with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS kit lens and I bought a 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS telephoto lens. I also bought a Smith Victor 3 500-W light set with some umbrellas. Now I just need to buy a new tripod because the old one is (almost literally) on its last leg.

Compared to the Z650, the new set-up is beyond awesome.