• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I post a picture?

7 posts in this topic

Easiest way to do it is to get a free account with a photo hosting site, I use Photobucket but there are others. They tend to work about the same way.

Once you have your account you can upload your photos there. Typically you select upload, it give you the option to find the place where the photo is stored on your computer (browse). You select the file and then upload it. Once it is uploaded you will see your image and if you put your mouse curser on it you will see various options. One of them will say IMG code. If you click on that it will copy the code to your clipboard. Then all you have to do is paste that code into your message here. When you do you will see something that looks kind of like this

[i MG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z165/Conder101/Middlesex552.jpg[/img]

but which when you post you message will display the image like this

Middlesex552.jpg

The photohosting site has the advantage of allowing larger and more detailed images.

I am wanting to post some pictures of a coin but can't seem to figure out how.

I tried copy and paste but it won't let me paste.

Bob

Welcome to the neighborhood, Bob!

Most people use one of the hosting services as Conder mentioned. Me? I've got to be the only person going the wrong way on a one-way street in rush hour traffic. I host all of my photos on my computer using a software program called ACDSee.

No matter which method you use, please, please remember to resize your photos, first, so they are no larger than about 600x600 or so. If you don't, everyone will have to scroll back and forth just to see the entire coin.

Chris