• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bust half

10 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&autorefresh=true&hash=item1c1bfad75a&item=120728508250&nma=true&pt=Coins_US_Individual&rt=nc&si=bIImQ3jpdizugSjj59qTiFY2aA0%253D

this 1833 bust half caught my eye. i almost bid on it, except something was telling me all that stuff on the obverse was from cleaning, but there was a lot of detail on the coin.

i couldnt get myself to bid on it

good pass ?

alright nice thanks =)

ill tell ya, ever since i've been looking at the quality of the coins on this board

most of the stuff i see lately is sub-par

imo lol

The coin with the pendant would be more fun to own than the first coin linked. Both are ugly, but at least we understand a rationale behind the looped coin being ugly. The first one was just senselessly cleaned.

alright nice thanks =)

ill tell ya, ever since i've been looking at the quality of the coins on this board

imo lol

The people who post quality coins here spend many long hours searching for just the right piece for their collection. They only accept the best, and will not even think about buying any less than that. You can buy coins just to buy coins, but a collector with true passion will seek out the quality - as you have noticed. It requires patience, dedication, and a certain amount of knowledge. There are millions of coins out there, and most of them are ugly, cleaned, damaged, or in some other way undesirable. You just have to wait for the right ones to come along.

The first was cleaned, but for the price it didn't seem to out of line, though with such a common date, you could do a lot better. As for the second one, I wish I'd seen it as I'm looking for a new key chain!

The first was cleaned, but for the price it didn't seem to out of line, though with such a common date, you could do a lot better. As for the second one, I wish I'd seen it as I'm looking for a new key chain!

It would make an interesting key chain.

alright nice thanks =)

imo lol

The people who post quality coins here spend many long hours searching for just the right piece for their collection. They only accept the best, and will not even think about buying any less than that. You can buy coins just to buy coins, but a collector with true passion will seek out the quality - as you have noticed. It requires patience, dedication, and a certain amount of knowledge. There are millions of coins out there, and most of them are ugly, cleaned, damaged, or in some other way undesirable. You just have to wait for the right ones to come along.

Kamillion, to do this you need to LOOK (or is it L@@K ?) at as many coins as possible to ascertain what "quality" is in the first place. It is NOT just the grade of the coin. You'll learn over time that quality and grade aren't necessarily the same thing. Go to show and auction viewings...as many as possible...why? Because it is FREE to look.

And, yes, most coins you are a c**p...whether on eBay or at a coin show or in most auctions. I suspect it has always been that way....

jom