• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Memorial Day Weekend

12 posts in this topic

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.

To all those who have served and will serve in the future, I salute you:

memorialday.jpg

Have fun and be safe this weekend all.

Oregon_Plaster_ObvA.jpg

copyright-symbol-300x300D.jpg

All the best to my fellow Veterans, especially those who served in combat. I know there are a few on this board and they are Heros.

God bless our troops past, present and future.

Marines-1.jpgMarines2.jpg

Let us remember all the great men and woman who gave their life to keep this nation free. I hope everyone was a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Have a safe weekend and spare a thought for the Men and Women who gave everything and don't forget the Moms, Dads, Wives, Husbands and Kids left behind.

My Mother once told me that when she graduated from High School in 1942, there was a 10 year reunion planned in 1952. With the losses of Grads during WWII and the subsequent losses for those who stayed in the Armed Forces during the Korean conflict, the reunion was canceled.

God Bless those who sacrificed so that we could prosper.

WJ, that is one sobering thought.

For my wife's cousin, PFC Steven Gill USMC, who was lost in Iraq some four years ago Unfortunately, his mother never recovered and was just taken from us this year. It's unfortunate when a war takes a family, she was never the same and seemed in a way to search for comfort in death. She was recently reunited with her son. God Bless both of them.