• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really pleased with this piece......Washington Quarter

10 posts in this topic

This just came in the mail last night. The coin has great luster and very pretty obverse toning. it basically has one hit on the obverse and one hit on the reverse. The seller's photos were scans, here are my photos. What are your thoughts?

1935O.jpg1935R.jpg

Die Crack at skull cap?

Die Crack at Eagle beak front to back, below eye, or scratch, or...?

At beginning of neck in Bust, above date- Counting machine mark, scratch, lint or...?

What is between claws?

These questions are not to find fault, but to clarify image I view on my computer.

Others can guess Grade. No clue.

I simply like the coin.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Die Crack at skull cap?

Die Crack at Eagle beak front to back, below eye, or scratch, or...?

At beginning of neck in Bust, above date- Counting machine mark, scratch, lint or...?

What is between claws?

These questions are not to find fault, but to clarify image I view on my computer.

Others can guess Grade. No clue.

I simply like the coin.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Yes, Die Crack at skull cap.

Yes, Die Crack at beak.

Not sure on the claws or bust, will check later.

I find the streaky toning on the neck to be very distracting/detracting from the attractive shimmering golden toning elsewhere. However, you love it and that's all that matters! Congrats on your NP.

This Washington has an interesting look to it. I find it appealing and would give a guess of 65/66 depending on luster and how it looks in hand. But I must also say the toning or "streaking" on the neck of the mofif appears he has an ear wax problem :grin: