• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: 1884-O Morgan Dollar

13 posts in this topic

MS63 Star. Nice clean fields, some of the breast feathers and hairlines are a little worn. No distracting marks, superb toning. Great coin!

I will give it an MS 64 . I like the tone but it is not the type that would have NGC designate the coin with a star.

I agree. (thumbs u

MS63 Star. Nice clean fields, some of the breast feathers and hairlines are a little worn. No distracting marks, superb toning. Great coin!

I'm just curious. I've seen you refer to details on coins as "worn" and then offer up an MS grade. You do realize that these design elements are weakly struck and not worn. If they were worn, the highest the coin could be is an AU58.

The coin appears to be an MS64 to me.

I'm just curious. I've seen you refer to details on coins as "worn" and then offer up an MS grade. You do realize that these design elements are weakly struck and not worn. If they were worn, the highest the coin could be is an AU58.

The coin appears to be an MS64 to me.

I think he is meaning flatness in the details. Not actual wear, but more a soft strike.