• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss you guys..

18 posts in this topic

Been going through some deep depression lately...even suicidal.

Just wanted to say how much I missed you guys and posting here. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I used to have alot of fun posting here. I know nothing compared to any of you guys, but I enjoy learning more.

I've seen one other member on these forums who passed...who was an extremely bright individual , had a bright future, much more bright than I have with numismatics, who took his own life and the pain that must've caused.

I'm getting help but just wanted to reach out to you guys again.

I miss coins.

I've been doing magic lately, but I am still interested n coins. I hope you guys understand. I'm not trying to make any drama, despite people telling me that in the past, I still remember the comment Dog97 told me on the PCGS forums years ago that I should just kill myself. I'll never forget that.

Best wishes to all of you.

Hope you're all doing well.

Depression is hard to live with but it is treatable and the fact that you have sought help is a positive sign.

Hang in there stinky and welcome back.

The important thing is to get help, have a community of friends, and remember there is nothing worth killing yourself over.

Just take a look at some bright shiny pieces of gold, and I guarantee you'll feel happy again ;)

Hey, Stinky!

I sincerely hope you are able to overcome your health issues and you can get back here so I can kid around with you.

Best wishes,

Chris

Welcome back, Kevin, I've missed your interaction on the forum. Hope you are back for good. As far as not knowing as much as others do, get used to it, as most of us never will.

Hopefully, by posting with us and taking interest in this hobby, you will be able to enjoy being among those who enjoy being with you. That is what friendship is about, enjoying each others company without judging every moment. Relax and imbibe in the liquor of the moment---Nice buffaloes, great golden liberties, or silver seated coins. Keep on posting.

Jim

Heya Cheese. Pretty sure most remember you, I know I so. Don't worry about the drama thing. There is drama here a plenty on a daily basis! On the coin level mostly, but still drama.

The important thing is that you understand that you have a problem and that you are seeking help. And, what's the matter with coming here and saying hi? Nothing wrong there my man.

All the best and hope everything works out.

I've seen one other member on these forums who passed...who was an extremely bright individual , had a bright future, much more bright than I have with numismatics, who took his own life and the pain that must've caused.

Kevin, remember that. It was the thoughts of the pain it would have caused others that has always kept me from doing the same thing.

Hang in there Kevin. I remember you loved to collect gold coins. Maybe you can spend time reading material focused in that area. Glad to see you back!

Kevin, remember that. It was the thoughts of the pain it would have caused others that has always kept me from doing the same thing.

Amen to that.

Kevin, I have been very ill for about three years now but one thing that keeps me going is that thought about my father who could not live with bad health and killed himself and the unintentional effects that this event had on the family.

Just remember that there are always peope who love you and how they would feel if you killed yourself. Good luck, buddy.

Good to se ya back Kevin. One day at a time my friend. Sounds like you're working for a good positive attitude. Nothings worth taking your own life for my friend!

Hey Kevin - ( I still do not like yer nick - :) )

It usually can't be beat, but controlled.

Board members can attest to my issues with manic depression and mental health issues ... family and friends help is essential and the board is good therapy too.

I still get an occasional howdy from members here though I have not been capable of posting too often.

A GOOD Doctor is the key to finding your balance, do not just take one they throw at you. Find one that fits you and that you have researched. In my case it ended up being TWO Doctors, one that was good with the Meds and one that was good with the Head.

The guys here are great, patient and sympathetic to other board members, so posting ends up being theraputic.

Take care pal Mike