• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny observation about Heritage

14 posts in this topic

I was going through a box of receipts, punching holes and filing them to make a more organized system out of the mess in my desk, and I noticed something funny. Heritage never sends the same color invoice twice. I have receipts from Heritage going back two years, and they are always a different color - green, pink, gold, beige, white, etc.

On another subject, how many of you save receipts for coin purchases? I've heard its a good thing to do for tax purposes, and was wondering what y'all did.

I save all my receipts, not for tax purposed though. I compare my older receipts with current auction prices periodically to see if any of my coins have appreciated. They'll all come in handy I guess if my apartment burns down and I want to file a claim with the insurance company. And no, I don't keep my receipts in my apartment, I keep them at work.

I save all the receipts for my coin purchases as well. But not for tax purposes. I keep them as records of what I have in the event of a theft. These receipts are accompanied by photos of each coin in their holders. Three photos for each one, close up of obverse, reverse and one of the entire holder showing the registry number. Then once a month I print out my registry records here and that is placed in the front of the file folder.

-Chris#2

I should have kept my receipts, but they are scattered all over. I found one I used as a bookmark for a 1916 Barber dime in MS63 for $79. :blush:

I think that I have ALMOST every receipt for the coins that I have purchased. I, definitely, have been saving them all, in recent years, and from this point on for my records. I have almost every single one.

It is a VERY good idea to save receipts for a variety of reasons.

BTW, I never noticed that the Heritage receipts are all different colors.........interesting. They should give you something for those big premiuns that they get! lol Just kidding........ :)

maybe it is easier to keep track of all their tens of thousands of coin auctions and receipts they need to send out????

i dont know

maybe for a big signature auction it is easier?? to say use blue then the next huge auction signature they use canary yellow etc. ?? so it is easier to keep track??

hey marie what do i do with this receipt someone sent back saying it is incorrect??

george--- what color is it??

marie-- it is light blue

george-- oh yea this is the last signature auction from long beach it is currently all closed out give to such and such in accounting they are the go to person for this auction today

I just always figured that they were using some sort of color coded invoicing for copies with differing destinations (i.e invoicing, payment due, payment made, accounting, to customer, to file). I have about 35 years worth of Heritage invoices and they are different colors but I just figured that they buy whatever colored paper they can easily buy for final receipts with the coin. Most of mine are pink, yellow or tan

I don't keep Heritage receipts at all, nor do I keep much from Heritage, aside from a few auction catalogs. One thing is for sure, they know how to inundate customers with paper! (And for the record, I like Heritage -- a lot.)

I have every receipt of every purchase that I have ever made. I put my own number on the receipt and then cross reference it with the auction/dealer invoice number on a spreadsheet. MJ

You mean, you have someone else do it for you and they pay you to let them do that service!! :)

On another note.... I do recall that there have been many different colors of invoices.

You would think they would remain consistent so they don't confuse the staff in the Billing Department.

On another note, has anyone heard from Russ lately?

Chris

I save all of my Heritage receipts (about a dozen) and keep them in my safe deposit box. They don't take up much space and they may come in handy some day.

Most are pink and yellow. As Michael noted I think they do this to keep track of which auction the coin was purchased from.

Or perhaps their paper buyer has a fascination for Easter egg colors... :grin: