• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a coin with the Mike King pedigree

10 posts in this topic

Just bought a gorgeously original Bust Half on Heritage, and when I went to post pics of it on Coin Zip, found to my surprise that the coin had already been posted there, many years ago. It used to belong in the inimitable Mike King collection, which I'm sure many of us remember. Anyways, I am quite pleased to add this fantastic coin to my collection, in a PCGS EF-40 holder, with CAC. It is an Ugly 3, with a doubled profile.

111848.jpg.bbed764e9e5fcf633a11f5758569b3e9.jpg

111849.jpg.3ad23180f8fc7b1a828f4548482dcf52.jpg

Very attractive and original skinned coin. I like the double profile as well!

I don't own any Mike King pedigreed coins... :(

Mike King had a gorgeous Capped Bust Half Dollar Collection. I have a 1827 Curled 2 coin I bought from him when he upgraded. I will post it as soon as I can take some photos.

1827.jpg1827a.jpg

That looks like a wonderful 1823. I don't believe I own any ex:Mike King coins, but I have met up with him in person multiple times and he is one of the good guys.

From Memory, Mike was selling a lot of his busties when I was just starting to collect coins . It was a shame that I didn't kniow what I was missing . Would of loved a few of those. Nice and original :)

, Martin

Just bought a gorgeously original Bust Half on Heritage, and when I went to post pics of it on Coin Zip, found to my surprise that the coin had already been posted there, many years ago. It used to belong in the inimitable Mike King collection, which I'm sure many of us remember. Anyways, I am quite pleased to add this fantastic coin to my collection, in a PCGS EF-40 holder, with CAC. It is an Ugly 3, with a doubled profile.

i like the double profile as well. nice pick up :)