• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACG Lawsuit Update

8 posts in this topic

I was served with the lawsuit this morning at 11:10 AM. Until I was served, my hands were tied as far as posting anything on my site. Now that I have been served, I have a paged dedicated to the lawsuit. The complaint and all following documents will be posted there.

A group of us who have been named have retained a prominent Florida law firm. This representation is not cheap, and some of the defendants do not have the means to pay their full share of the retainer. I have created a fund that will be used to pay the attorneys on behalf of those who do not have the resources to defend themselves. More info on this is on my page.

ACG files suit against 46 collectors and dealers

Eric, I certainly wish you luck, but will this affect the value of my 1903 Indian cent graded MS-62 by ACG? 893whatthe.gif

This is quite the event and the Complaint is an important read. I personally find the history that precedes this action to be a lesson in how deplorable our sanctioned methods of self-regulation and self-restraint can be. There is an evident tangled web here, of greed, deception, and the calculated use of sanctioned bodies, such as the ANA, to justify the impertinence of business. I wish the best to you, Eric, for a reasonable outcome.

Donation made.

Hoot

I have to say one other thing: I find the name calling, on ANY side of this equation, deplorable, and far below the level that any rational discussion should incur. I hope that it ceases.

Hoot

Thanks Mark and Hoot. I am overwhelmed by all the support on this, so far there have been over 60 contributions, a lot of them small but they do add up. I don't recognize a lot of them, so I don't know from which forum they saw this on. All I know is that the collectors and dealers on both boards are great, and this has gone a long way in settling the nerves of some of the people named who have not been through the legal process before.

You guys have really made someone's day, I will share it with all:

This doesn't happen often, but I am speechless. You have the addresses of these wonderful people; please tell them how moved I am by their unbelievable generosity.

Just wanted to give everyone over here an update. The fund is going great, and now several contributions have arrived in the mail. Quite a few of the people that post here have contributed.

The first papers were filed on the behalf of ten defendants today.

Thanks to everyone for the support.