• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW #1 Ranked Set! - Thank you Jerica and Max! - Challenge Time...

22 posts in this topic

So, I am new around here...just came over here from ATS. I am building a Mercury Dime Variety Set. I noticed NGC did not have such an animal so I requested it...and Max Spiegel set it up with LIGHTNING SPEED! Thank you!

Now that I have uploaded my set, I have the NUMBER 1 Set!!!!

Ok, ok, I know, it is also the only set. I need to celebrate while I can because this is also a CALL TO ACTION thread. Who is going to be the FIRST PERSON to knock me off my throne?

Not just someone that has a Mercury Dime set but someone that has Mercury Dime Varieties and has the real interest in completing the VARIETY SET.

Who's it going to be? Who is going to bump me from the NUMBER 1 Spot?

I have a couple of friends that I am trying to get over here and they will certainly BUMP ME really quick if they show up. :)

The New Competitive Mercury Dime Circulation Strikes (Including Varieties),,,Mine is Number 1...for now.

I still need to upload photos...will hopefully do that soon.

This set includes a few coins that are not recognized ATS so it will be an additional challenge that I am excited to go after! :)

Had a good feeling NGC would step up to the plate. Congradulations to you and a big thumbs up to NGC. Now let see pic's of that #1 set in the registery.

Chet

Thanks Chet. Right now you can click on my signature line to see the photos(most of them at least)...it takes you ATS though. NGC does their photos differently with the separate obverse and reverse photos...where I spent time combining them into one photos ATS...no biggie, just different...so now I have to go through and edit all of my photos. Good night time/weekend project.

Anyone know the MAX width/height for photos?

Also, how do I get that cool Competitive Set Graphic in my signature line that so many people have? The FAQs did not say anything about that.

Thanks,

Greg

Not sure what the max limits are. Congrats though. From the way that you had spoke about the set in a previous posting it sounds like you had spend a great deal of time and effort to put it together.

-Chris#2

Thanks Chet. Right now you can click on my signature line to see the photos(most of them at least)...it takes you ATS though. NGC does their photos differently with the separate obverse and reverse photos...where I spent time combining them into one photos ATS...no biggie, just different...so now I have to go through and edit all of my photos. Good night time/weekend project.

Also, how do I get that cool Competitive Set Graphic in my signature line that so many people have? The FAQs did not say anything about that.

Thanks,

Greg

Congrats and can't wait to see pics. The max picture size is actually in kb. Max is 120kb. You can still keep the clarity and size if you save the pics as "save for web" and then just resize them to 120kb or below.

I only started building this set 11 months ago so I clearly have a ways to go. This is a big set and I am only 17% of the way through it. Thanks Chet & Bobby.

Anyone active on the boards that is working to build MERC sets?

I have invited a couple of my friends from ATS to come play over here so I hope they do soon. Both of them can easily take the #1 spot away from me. :)

How do I get the set graphic in the signature line? Thanks!

Greg

I only started building this set 11 months ago so I clearly have a ways to go. This is a big set and I am only 17% of the way through it. Thanks Chet & Bobby.

Anyone active on the boards that is working to build MERC sets?

I have invited a couple of my friends from ATS to come play over here so I hope they do soon. Both of them can easily take the #1 spot away from me. :)

How do I get the set graphic in the signature line? Thanks!

Greg

There should be a link in your registry set. You copy it and paste it in "your profile".

Thanks Bobby, I think I have it figured out now...but mine looks a bit different than yours. It does the job though I guess.

That's ok. I actually like the boldness of yours better! (thumbs u

Btw, if you wanted to move your other sig line down below or above your link, you can highlight it and move it above or just past your sig, hit enter and it will move it below.

Congratulations Greg, that is GREAT!!! :applause:

Yet another reason why NGC is SO good. Let the others drink Kool Aid... around here we like mixed drinks.

Thanks,

Greg

Congrats and can't wait to see pics. The max picture size is actually in kb. Max is 120kb. You can still keep the clarity and size if you save the pics as "save for web" and then just resize them to 120kb or below.

They recently increased the allowed file size to 200kb.

maybe fcloud could knock you off your throne? :D
I'm waiting. :) As soon as NGC finished putting the set in place and I got my set started, I told Tony he needs to put his variety set together over here. He has some sets over here already. I'm sure he will be along soon enough to knock me down. DIMEMAN isn't going to put his set over here it seems. Oh well, I'm #1 for now! (thumbs u

Greg,

Dimeman - the Old Coot - is he really going to

get his set Registered over here too ?

See... what did I tell you... you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I should be careful of what I say about Dimeman - he's actually

a couple of months younger than I am... he just acts older...

:kidaround:

PS: I also threw my small group into the mix - I'm # 3 now.

lol

Mike,

Dimeman will not be joining us over here I am afraid. :(

NGC is working on "evaluating the values" that are assigned to the varieties. They are not right at all. Prior to any changes...you are only a hair behind me. I think I have 18 coins and you have 5. Your 5 are awesome but....the points just are not right. Hopefully they revise the system in my favor here shortly. :)

Greg