• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you been bammed?

Have you been bammed?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been bammed?

39 posts in this topic

A couple of years ago I filed my "application for approval" to the PCGS forums, and it appeared that my first attempt at getting on was rejected, so if that counts (getting banned before being a member) then I have been banned. Six months or so later, I was approved when I applied again...

Not sure if they know who I am over here (different name), but I remember making a few anti-PCGS remarks over here just prior to trying to get on over there...

Why so many people insist on starting the most childish threads over there is beyond me. Its like 9 out of 10 threads are totally unnecessary.

Why so many people insist on starting the most childish threads over there is beyond me. Its like 9 out of 10 threads are totally unnecessary.

Some guys over there are out to pump up their total messages posted total. One guy is heading toward 40,000 posts. :o Unless you are a walking encyclopedia, it's hard to post something of substance in every post when you have that many.

A couple of years ago I filed my "application for approval" to the PCGS forums, and it appeared that my first attempt at getting on was rejected, so if that counts (getting banned before being a member) then I have been banned. Six months or so later, I was approved when I applied again...

Not sure if they know who I am over here (different name), but I remember making a few anti-PCGS remarks over here just prior to trying to get on over there...

Like this one you mean ? Let's not turn these boards into an extension of what got people banned anywhere.Have some respect for the host please.

I was banned for some little man calling me a "Racist". Still to this day can't figure it out... Read my response to thread below.. I'm Yaha and Pcgs Member "Bochiman" calls another man a "Racist" "Me" on page 2 of the thread without even knowing the messenger..

BTW people, I was told Ron "Bochiman" went to West Point.. Go figure.. I know next summer when my son enlists in the Air Force as a Military Police, his Grandfathers and Great Grandfathers teachings before they past away and his training today in JROTC by a slew of different Army instructors, my son will never view a man's worth on text or looks or someones word, there is a process that must be followed.

I hope one day a General or Major of this thread PCGS so desires to keep in their archives, reads this and puts this guy "Bochiman" in his place.. It is a huge smack in the face to every other Military person that live's with respect and honor. Not in this case though.. Pcgs banned me for his doings. Geesh!!!!

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=710197&highlight_key=y&keyword1=moy

You mean like starting a thread on a U.S. Coin forum about whether you have been banned on another U.S. coin forum?

Hi BROADSTRUCK and YAHA.

Missed you both.

Respectfully (and without Malice)

John Curlis "Charley".

Never banned, but considerable prayers were and are offered on a daily basis by many, for my voluntary departure.

Yea, what Becky said. Being banned is more like being blown-up without just cause. You scratch your head and wonder why you got banned and then BAMMED! lol

As to John C.. I missed you also, along with Rufus, Cashman, Twosides2acoin, LordM,Walmann,Teddyvegas, GoldBully from the great state of MD, and many others I miss. Thanks John, welcome Broadstruck..

Hey Broadstruck, I can remember when some hooplehead put on that website Biddlesbank, when I first joined and was compared to Laura Sperber, funny thing, it's great to see that lady rise in this hobby, I still don't know who she is... George

You mean like starting a thread on a U.S. Coin forum about whether you have been banned on another U.S. coin forum?

Ha ha yeah!

Hi, Would you please summarize that incident for those (such as me) who don't know anything about it? Or provide a link? Thanks!

Proudly banned over the infamous Norweb Hibernia incident, and have never looked back.

lol. Best post I've seen on this board in quite some time! (thumbs u

never bammed but did get kicked out of a coin club.
You must share this story! :)

Yea that would be interesting.

I was only involved in this situation once, and I was part of the committee that did the kicking. That party in question took a coin from a dealer at a club meeting on credit and then refused to pay for or return the coin. I begged the guy to return the coin or pay for it, and he won't so I voted to give him the boot.

Ethic violations within organizations just about always expels the violator. I once belonged to a club where the elected treasurer embezzled our dues. It was like $120 and every year we gave to a list of rotating organizations. That year it was going to be "Toys for Tots" (we had a lot of Veterans) and when it came time to write the check there was nada in the account.

We ended up telling everyone what had happened, gave the guy every chance to cough up the funds...*poof* your outta here. We ended up collecting twice what we normally sent. Good bunch of guys...cept for one.

Basically I was a member of a club, not a local club. The club had a good newsletter and only a meetings a year. Some comments were taken wrong and I saw my posts on a forum being edited where I said who the owners were of some of the coins I posted. I was told I could not mention the dealer who owned the coins, fine. Then I was told they edited other post for grammer? What it is an online forum, dont touch my posts. More comments were taken wrong. I then called it a self serving club by the dealer who ran it since there was no other input of the club or tracking of finances. That prompted an email to call the dealer or I would be booted. I had a letter that I was booted within a couple days.

I told them go give my dues to a YN, they said dues were not transferable. Never did cash the check. I go out of my way to say hi to the dealer and his staff when I see them. They dont even know what to say and mumble a hi and try to avoid eye contact. It cracks me up.

25,000 posts and never banned. Two "warnings" though back in the Open Forum days and my alt (modman) got banned after I gave the name and password over to Keith.

Yaha, read that thread and you must omit, you did threaten to cave in Bochiman's skull. Threats are not taken lightly over at CU especially so if the threatened member contacts the mods about it.

Not saying you were not provoked as you were- it's uncool to call another man a racist- but you did cross the line and looking back at your own thread I bet you now think you did too.