• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1882-CC I bought at a Pawn shop for $50. Good deal? Grade?

42 posts in this topic

I know that. I don't think some of these other guys do. I make one honest mistake, and I get PM's up the wazoo saying they are gonna get me banned. I posted under "I goofed" topic stating that I wasn't going to give in to the instigating anymore, and I think I'll celebrate by posting another pic for ppl to grade.

I know that. I don't think some of these other guys do. I make one honest mistake, and I get PM's up the wazoo saying they are gonna get me banned. I posted under "I goofed" topic stating that I wasn't going to give in to the instigating anymore, and I think I'll celebrate by posting another pic for ppl to grade.

I do not recall seeing one post about you getting banned.

Can you show us this post ??

FYI - I do not think you purchased those slabbed coins - I think you posted them to make us think you did. Considering all the other stuff you have posted here it makes little sense that you would spend thousands of dollars on those good coins while making so many posts with raw bad coins. Plus the little paper with your name on it just does not pass the smell test. So you are saying you purchased all those coins with your NGC screen name or is that your real name. Do you have a last name? I would think a dealer would have

spelled out your entire name on some type of invoice not a piece of paper.

I do not recall seeing one post about you getting banned.

Can you show us this post ??

FYI - I do not think you purchased those slabbed coins - I think you posted them to make us think you did. Considering all the other stuff you have posted here it makes little sense that you would spend thousands of dollars on those good coins while making so many posts with raw bad coins. Plus the little paper with your name on it just does not pass the smell test. So you are saying you purchased all those coins with your NGC screen name or is that your real name. Do you have a last name? I would think a dealer would have

spelled out your entire name on some type of invoice not a piece of paper.

his name is written on a piece of paper above the coins

:makepoint:

The coins are in my possession, thus why I wrote my name. Not a dealer. I left out my real name to avoid run-in's with jerks like you.

It was a "PM," not a post. You see, the way it usually works is that they teach normal people how to read starting in kindergarten. Comprehension is more at the middle school/freshman level, the area where you obviously must have struggled in.

My main mode of buying is by attending auctions throughout the week. I would love to run into you at an auction. I would outbid you for the heck of it, and promptly give the coin away to someone who would appreciate it.

Why do you continuously instigate, Mark? What purpose? Motive? Grow up. You are no longer worth the keystrokes...buh-bye! :hi:

The coins are in my possession, thus why I wrote my name. Not a dealer. I left out my real name to avoid run-in's with jerks like you.

It was a "PM," not a post. You see, the way it usually works is that they teach normal people how to read starting in kindergarten. Comprehension is more at the middle school/freshman level, the area where you obviously must have struggled in.

My main mode of buying is by attending auctions throughout the week. I would love to run into you at an auction. I would outbid you for the heck of it, and promptly give the coin away to someone who would appreciate it.

Why do you continuously instigate, Mark? What purpose? Motive? Grow up. You are no longer worth the keystrokes...buh-bye! :hi:

You have made a lot of friends here ( I hope you can see the sarcasm) – now you have resorted to name calling. You tell me who is acting like a child in Kindergarten. As for the auction comment – yes you would outbid me as I do not purchase the type of coins that all but the slabbed purchases you made seem to indicate. But let us just say for the heck of it you did bid against me, if you have to brag amount how much money you think you have then you really don’t have enough.

Great coins you have for sale there Mr. money bags.

http://myworld.ebay.com/chasara150/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

I'll ignore the majority of this thread...

The coin IMO looks like a decent BU coin about MS64 range until you take into consideration the rim irregularities already mentioned on the reverse. The marks in the fields in front of Liberty's face and on the reverse about 10 o'clock look like finger prints to me which may be the residue from a previous dipping or even whizz marks (better pics required)? The rub neer the mouth is also a major distractor.

I wouldn't mind owning this coin but like others have mentioned it doesn't look to be trouble free. $50 is a bargain regardless if it is genuine. Melt value is around $37.

Kamillian, when you get it see if you can post better pics for re-evaluation.

Lastly, nothing surprises me from Pawn shops. I bought a coin this weekend that I plan on flipping for a quick profit so I can buy stuff I like to collect. Just an opportunity that rarely presents itself and :wishluck: that it turns out well. (I'll update results in different thread in World Coins)

there is a pawn shop by me that has a 1798 dollar in what appears to be Fine condition for $300, i have been debating on picking it up for some time, even if it is cleaned, which i am unsure of, it is worth at least $600, oh well

I revise my answer after seeing the new pics.

I will go with MS62 maybe MS63 if it grades. That "mark" at the mouth is quite distracting.