• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOH Coins Shipping Soon?

21 posts in this topic

Don't purchase from the U.S. Mint very often. They just took money from my account for this piece:

2011-MoH-gold-proof-obvA.jpg

I guess that means their shipping soon?

This is what I used to do in another lifetime:

AOsontheflightdeck.jpg

MOH has much significance to me. :)

look its a string of "Bobble Heads" lol Just joking by the way. There were alot of my family members that were in the armed forces. My uncle was in the navy, brother was in army, grandfathers brother was in the army during WW2, step fathers cousin was in the SeaBee's during Vietnam, Stepfathers father was in the army during WW2 roaming europe. Theres many more but I cant remember the branches they were in.

When my stepfathers father passed away a few years ago, his wife spoke to the local recruiting office about who to contact for the gun salute at his funeral. Come to find out the old man had a box full of unclaimed medals that were owed to him.

-Chris#2

outside of the "$5" I thought this was one of the nicest half eagles the mint has come up with in quite some time, which is a good thing since the subject matter has great significance.

My $5 Gold Proof just arrived. Looks super nice and if it doesn't go 70 I'd be really surprised. Not very well packaged though. :(

This is my first gold coin added to the collection.

Are these 1/4 ounce of gold?

If you're not going to "flip" these, why waste the money on having it "graded?"

Hi Roger. For me, it's important to keep the coin in an "As Minted" condition by putting it in a holder. I'm also, unfortunately, a smoker, quit previously for five years. :( Not sure if this will affect the coin? Quite a few folks, many are X smokers, have a problem with this. I can understand their position. Finally, I have three daughters who could care less about coins. I will "Will" them one coin each, of my choice, and auction the rest. For them, it's "All About The Money." :) Must be a generation thing.

Because there are quite a few people who enjoy collecting modern commemoratives...myself included...and like them in slabs. Maybe I am reading your statement wrong but I took it as kind of an insult. Implying that modern comms are not worth collecting?? (shrug)

OUCH! :(

Coins for NGC invoice number *******

LineItem Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Grade Comments

001 2011 W MEDAL OF HONOR EARLY RELEASES $5 PF 67 ULTRA CAMEO

Straight from the mint capsule to NGC. Sure looked perfect to me?

Hi Roger. For me, it's important to keep the coin in an "As Minted" condition by putting it in a holder. I'm also, unfortunately, a smoker, quit previously for five years. :( Not sure if this will affect the coin? Quite a few folks, many are X smokers, have a problem with this. I can understand their position. Finally, I have three daughters who could care less about coins. I will "Will" them one coin each, of my choice, and auction the rest. For them, it's "All About The Money." :) Must be a generation thing.

Even though slabs are better than many holders, they are still not 100% airtight. I wouldn't be surprised to see the coins become affected negatively by the cigarette smoke.