• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,000 Franklins..I almost popped on it..

8 posts in this topic

He has relisted the item. I wonder if the bags of coins have not actually been picked through?

"Grades range from average circ to BU".

Given the picture the coins will DEFINITELY be bagmarked. Given how common 1960-63 Frankies are I'd only pay melt, which as of 5:15 EST was ~$14.30 per Franklin. Realistically, given the current price of silver, I wouldn't buy it.

The price seems high to me, but about $2000. However, the listing solicits offers, so why not do that? He might take $15K PPD.
\

I was going to offer him a reasonable price.. $500 over Melt... If they were better type frankies, well maybe a little higher offer..

The location of the seller is Portland, Oregon. Anyone in that area could ask to take a look at the lot. The seller says they are unsearched and unpicked but then goes on to say they went through them. They're from an enormous batch of 100,000 Franklin halves. Realistically, because better struck and toned Franklins are very valuable, and the seller is a knowledgeable numismatist, the chances anything exceptional is included are about nil.

I noticed that the seller said "to ask him what his bottom line was on silver, he may be willing to go quite a bit lower than the asking price".. would be fun to go through those Morgan or Peace dollar bags/lots he has up for auction :wishluck: