• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decorah, Iowa Eagle Cam........

4 posts in this topic

OK, it is our national bird.......an it's found on most of our coinage, so I think this is an appropriate post here....

I've been glued to this live cam of a pair of nesting bald eagles in Iowa. They're really something, and this is probably the first time a lot of this stuff has been seen. She was sitting on three eggs. Two have hatched with one to go. The male and female switch off the nesting duties on occasion, but mostly he stands guard and brings the food. In the last day, I've seen him bring a rabbit, a baby bird, a larger bird and a fish. They both feed the two babies. It's quite interesting to watch. They run night vision during darkness..... The camera is well maned, with panning and zoom as necessary. Check it out.....

Eagle Cam

Paul

We had the same thing here on top of our boat lift, bald eagle built a nest right on top of the lift motor. Couldnt even take the chance of mowing the lawn for fear of scaring the mother away. After getting two fines for not mowing the yard by the local township, we finally had an inspector out to see exactly why we werent mowing the yard. In the end they tore up the violations and kept a close eye on the nest until the little ones finally left the nest for good.

-Chris#2

This nest is about 80 miles from us. My wife has been watching since late Feb when they layed the three eggs. It is a really neat site and during the day there are times when over 200,000 people are viewing at the same time. Once you link to it, you will be hooked! Glad you pointed this out.

Florida has the largest population of bald eagles east of the Mississippi River. In the 30+ years I've lived in this area, there have been dozens of instances of commercial and residential projects halted because of nesting eagles. The same is true for burrowing owls. If a lot owner has an owl's nest on his property, he is not allowed to build a house unless the owls move to another location. If the owner attempts to "encourage" the owls to move, he can be subject to a heavy fine.

Chris