• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nickels for The Weekend

73 posts in this topic

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

029-5.jpg

This is such a beautiful proof, I submitted it for a + and it cost me $125.00 for this secure + grading. Well, no plus and I received this coin back with the ugliest gasket PCGS could find to go around the coin. Soooo, Don Willis told me to send it back for a new gasket as he agreed it was horrible, so I did, and it came back with an even worse one? I give!!!

At any rate I think this beautiful proof Buff should have received a + as I have seen much worse than this one with a big fat + on the slab. What's the deal?????

I'll tell ya what the deal is, I'm with NGC now!!! So there!!!

Don Willis, I give!!!What's the deal????? I'll tell ya what the deal is, I'm with NGC now!!! So there!!!

Sorry for your loss but glad you've seen the light!!!! :)

I've been sending my grading fee's strictly to NGC for over two years now and don't regret it. I hope you hold to this conviction. :)

Don Willis, I give!!!What's the deal????? I'll tell ya what the deal is, I'm with NGC now!!! So there!!!

Sorry for your loss but glad you've seen the light!!!! :)

I've been sending my grading fee's strictly to NGC for over two years now and don't regret it. I hope you hold to this conviction. :)

I will ! Let me tell ya what happened. I posted this coin, in it's stinky new holder and asked if anyone finds this gasket repulsive besides myself, and everyone agreed the gasket sucked, including Don Willis whom advised me to "send it back and let us fix that for you " and we'll even refund your shipping. So I did and I received a worse gasket than was in there the first time, with NO refund for my shipping. So much for that idea......Thanks Don!!!

This is my favorite Jefferson purchase of 2011 so far. An incredibly attractive full stepper! About as good as an LDS coin can get.

JN1940-SNGCMS676FS.jpg

JN1940-SNGCMS676FSSteps.jpg

This is my favorite Jefferson purchase of 2011 so far. An incredibly attractive full stepper! About as good as an LDS coin can get.

JN1940-SNGCMS676FS.jpg

JN1940-SNGCMS676FSSteps.jpg

That is the nicest Jefferson I've ever seen . Congrats on such a beautiful coin!!!

Kind of surprised the steps are so clear and crisp on this coin, given that it is such a late die state. That coin must have been struck under unusually high pressure. And its an S mint to boot?

Kind of surprised the steps are so clear and crisp on this coin, given that it is such a late die state. That coin must have been struck under unusually high pressure. And its an S mint to boot?

That's what I'm trying to figure out,how the steps are the only

part struck up.

Here's a few I sold a few months back:

In reference to the coins above, why did you sell them ? Their beautiful!!

It wasn't a focus area for me at the time...really wish I kept the 67CAM now; but oh well. Live and learn. :)

Pretty sure someone here should recognize the 66.

011-1.jpg

009-4.jpg

Here's a mushy strike for ya. Heavy flow lines the the obverse and reverse of this one, more than likely a later die state but at the same time the steps are full. The Monticello building has some missing windows as well. Not my series at all but I have owned this coin for about forty years, still raw in my Dansco Album.....Joe