• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filled some Danscos

20 posts in this topic

Well I just put my 2011 coins in my Danscos. My Jefferson Dansco is full 1938-2011, My Sacagawea is full 2000-2011, and my Presidential Dansco is full 2007-2011. Looks like I'll be needing to get some new Danscos this yr or see if I can squeeze a new page in the old ones!!

Added: Can't believe I have 74yrs of nickels in one album! :headbang:

Thanks Guys. Man I think pics would take up about 4 pages of this thread. lol I like workin the Dansco. I have some that are challenging for sure. I piddle with most normal series. These are what I have present and their present state.

Lincolns: Complete from 1932 - date. (missing Missing 19 cents which are key dates)

Buffalos: This one is about 50/50

Jeffersons: Completed 1938-Date

Roosevelts: Probably 3/4 full

Washingtons: Missing mostly silver

Statehood Qtrs: Completed 1999-2008 (MS coins only)

Kennedys: 3/4 full (missing mostly Proofs

Ikes: Not good on that one lol

SBA: Missing 79 & 81 Ty2's

SAE: Completed 1986 - Date

Sac: Completed 2000 - Date

Prez: Completed 2007- Date

Who needs a gym membership when you can lug Danscos around.

Keep working on the rest...and don't put them all on the desk or table all at once ~crack~

We need pictures of at least the high lights.

Bobby, your albums look a lot like mine! My Lincoln, Jefferson and Washington albums are all over the place, from very well circulated coins to proofs. Congrats!

Bobby, your albums look a lot like mine! My Lincoln, Jefferson and Washington albums are all over the place, from very well circulated coins to proofs. Congrats!

Don't they call these the workin man dansco's Jeff? lol Alot were coins from change until I wound up buying some to upgrade. The last few yrs I just get an extra set from the mint to fill the holes now. Btw, I'm glad the mint went back to business strikes this year. I like them much better than the satin finish.

That's funny Bobby! My Lincoln set is certainly like that, still has 3 holes, and been working on it since 1978! Though the last few years I've been slowly upgrading to BU coins. Same for the Jeffersons. The Roosies are different, since I bought that set with the BU and proof coins complete about a decade ago, and have just been filling the current years from mint and proof sets. The older sets, are almost exclusively working man's sets though!

My working mans Dansco is the Type Set. Slowly but surely its being upgraded. While home on R&R, I traveled to Gatlinburg for a nice vacation in the mountains. On the way home, I made my traditional stop at the small coin shop in Sevierville and purchased a new XF 1804 4 stemless Drapped Bust Half Cent, 1802 XF Drapped Bust Cent, and a AU 1912 Barber Half. My next target is an older Mercury Dime.. currently have a 1941 filling the slot.

Was thinking about starting a Mercury Dime book next.

Well thanks to Lance (keigwin), I just filled 5 more holes in my Lincoln dansco. I'm down to 14 holes left and I have a really good feeling that a couple of those will be filled with a replica! lol

My 2011 proof and unc sets arrived from the Mint today... Time to fill some holes...

I dont have a ATB proof set going.... Just P&D... I might have to go back and buy the 2010 sets and start a complete set now that I see how much nicer they look as proofs.

I personally think that the ATB quarters put to shame the Statehood quarters in design quality and attractiveness.

Bobby, Nice pics of some of the Dansco's congrats on your accomplishment - let's see that lincoln set when complete!

Thanks HT. Still some key dates left on the Lincoln so that may be a while. lol