• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slot Description column

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why some categories include mint mark designations in the Slot Description column in the registry while other categories don't? For example, the Walker one-per-date category does not seem to include them yet the early Walker category does, and it includes whether a coin is of the obverse or reverse variety. NGC, thanks for your help getting this corrected if it really is an inconsistency and not something that was intended.

• Administrator

huey,

The Slot Description indicates which coin or coins are eligible for that slot. In the Walking Liberty Half Dollars One-Per-Date set, any coin from a given year is eligible, regardless of mint mark, so that's why we don't include the mint mark. In the Early Walker set all of the date and mint mark combinations are required for completion, so they are each given a slot. To confirm which coins are eligible for a slot, you can click on the Slot Description and it will list the coins along with their point values.

OK, thanks.

So there is no "one-shot" listing which shows which coins are actually in a one-per-date set? There's only a listing, by individual date, of what is allowed in the set, not an overall listing of what is actually in someone's set. Strange..., if I may say so myself.

You can tell by the # of points. Click on the date in the set listing and it will list all mintmarks available for that year and it will have the points for each mintmark by grade. That's how I can tell.