• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For you Lincoln Cent Error Collectors

8 posts in this topic

Billy Crawford, aka DieVarieties, just posted this Lincoln cent discovery on another forum, and I thought I would pass it along. The statue is a 180 degree inverted DDR. It's quite amazing, and the statue of Lincoln oddly looks more like The Hulk.

You can read his report in Die Variety News at the link below.

http://www.dvnmagazine.com/news.html

Chris

Cool link there Chris. I have to admit tho', for people to find some of those errors has got to have nothing to do. I can barely see the Lincoln with my B&L 7x loupe. You sincerely have to be able to dedicate a lot of time to dissect these coins like that.

Cool link there Chris. I have to admit tho', for people to find some of those errors has got to have nothing to do. I can barely see the Lincoln with my B&L 7x loupe. You sincerely have to be able to dedicate a lot of time to dissect these coins like that.

Tell me about it! That's why it took me 4-1/2 years to search one $50 Mint bag of 1980 Philly.

Chris

Tell me about it! That's why it took me 4-1/2 years to search one $50 Mint bag of 1980 Philly.

Chris

Have you ever had any luck cherry picking slabs for varieties?

He says it is the first 180 degree rotated Doubled die in the Lincoln cent series. I think it may be only the second one in the entire US coin series.

Chris

Have you ever had any luck cherry picking slabs for varieties?

Not for Lincoln cents, but I have for Morgan dollars. I have 5 "Top 100" and "Hot 50" VAM's that were unattributed in NGC & PCGS slabs which I submitted for the attributions. This may seem like a small number to some people, but I don't search for most of the 3000-4000 VAM's out there because they don't interest me.

Chis