• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whattayathink.. $4150 scam?

34 posts in this topic

My gut tells me that this is not a scam; 4150 is still alot of money and good deals still do occur on Ebay (believe it or not). I would just pay with PayPal for security purposes and the extra reccommended precautions are sound advice (such as opening in front of a witness/postal employee)--better safe than sorry--The coin looks red enough to me and, yes, pictures are very deceiving. These cents have recently been selling from 4600-5400. So on ebay this, is not an unusually low price. I have seen some in the Heritage archives that are designated RD but look much browner than that one. I would go through with it (via Paypal only).

How can you not think this is a scam ?? This account has been inactive for 2 years and then bamm they post a rare coin for sale. The request for a wire transfer is a dead giveaway that this listing is a Scam.

i never heard back from the guy once i told him i would only use paypal. i reported it to ebay but they never got back to me hm

'beckyntrevor' don't deserve the neg, but once i saw the other buyer left one i figured i'd warn others too.

so yeah it's over with.. i've moved on :) thanks for being here folks Tip-Hat.gif

Good decision and YW!

the cert look-up now has an eBay sale on 1/31/11 for over $5000 -

I would suspect that the pics were lifted from there, but far enough back that normal search would not get