• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebuilding my early commem set.

32 posts in this topic

A couple years ago I sold off all but one of some really attractive early commems I had acquired... now I wish I hadn't, and am slowly rebuilding a set. Just ordered the California from Mark Feld (Thanks Mark) and when it arrives I'll be back up to six coins in the set. Here's what it's looking like so far. Comments welcome.

Commem-tile.jpg

Let me know if you should ever have another brainf@rt because there are a couple that would interest me.

Chris (thumbs u

above average toning and eye appeal on each and every one of your coins posted :cloud9:

this is the key to buying early commems and i see you are off to a great start (thumbs u

Given that the classic commemorative market has been slow the last several months *Years*, it seems like an excellent time to acquire new pieces.

Fixed.

lol I had started to use the term years, but I have only collected them over the last 18 months, so I didn't want to make claims that I didn't have personal knowledge of, and I was too lazy to look up citations for reference.

Super example Richard! Perfect example of buy the coin and not the grade/holder. (thumbs u

A Raw eBay purchase:

1925SCaliforniaObvXF40A1.jpg

A couple years ago I sold off all but one of some really attractive early commems I had acquired... now I wish I hadn't, and am slowly rebuilding a set. Just ordered the California from Mark Feld (Thanks Mark) and when it arrives I'll be back up to six coins in the set. Here's what it's looking like so far. Comments welcome.

Commem-tile.jpg

Do you have any photos of your old coins? Do you think your newer set is on par or better than the previous set?

I don't have any pictures handy of the coins I sold although I'm sure I have them somewhere on my computer at home. I'd say that a few of the coins I sold were as nice if not nicer eye appeal as well as grade than what I have here. I used to have a really attractive Connecticut, Columbus, Iowa, Cleveland... and some others. Oh well... such is life.

Given that the classic commemorative market has been slow the last several months *Years* two decades, it seems like an excellent time to acquire new pieces.

Fixed.

Unfortunately, fixed again. :( Your coins look very nice and it appears that you appreciate lightly toned coins with good peripheral color. Thankfully, these can sometimes be found without much of a premium unlike their deeply toned brethren.