• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarnished Nickel....1921 Buffalo Nickel....New pick up....

17 posts in this topic

I am very happy to say I own this coin now! It is, with out question, the nicest 1921 I've ever seen.....Thank you Andy at " Angel Dee's " for this jaw dropper....

041-4.jpg

040.jpg

027-1.jpg

The obverse strike is just amazing for the date! The color and luster is over the top!

I hope you enjoy this one as I have never seen a nicer 21 Buff than this!!......Joe

Pretty! Great obverse strike but an effort was made on '21's to improve the strike. Notice the serifs on the 1's (only date to have them). Can't help but wonder if this coin was submited raw to NGC now if it would get questionable color considering the recent crackdown.

Pretty! Great obverse strike but an effort was made on '21's to improve the strike. Notice the serifs on the 1's (only date to have them). Can't help but wonder if this coin was submitted raw to NGC now if it would get questionable color considering the recent crackdown.

In hand, no question it perfectly natural, no problem. I'm NOT the guy to crack open a coin like this, the grade is right, maybe a little low in fact, but I'm not about to resubmit this coin as I have no reason, it would be silly to even think of cracking out a coin like this! The technical grade I guess is very important to many collectors, but I'm in it for the beauty of an original Buff as this right here, it just does not get any better for what I'm looking for....Joe

It's such a shame that the coin is so badly tarnished. You should send it to me so you don't have to look at it any more. :insane::baiting:

Beautiful, Joe. Love the color, absolutely love it. Congrats on finally owning this one. I know you've wanted it since last year.

Jim

Pretty! Great obverse strike but an effort was made on '21's to improve the strike. Notice the serifs on the 1's (only date to have them). Can't help but wonder if this coin was submitted raw to NGC now if it would get questionable color considering the recent crackdown.

In hand, no question it perfectly natural, no problem. I'm NOT the guy to crack open a coin like this, the grade is right, maybe a little low in fact, but I'm not about to resubmit this coin as I have no reason, it would be silly to even think of cracking out a coin like this! The technical grade I guess is very important to many collectors, but I'm in it for the beauty of an original Buff as this right here, it just does not get any better for what I'm looking for....Joe

Joe,

I wasn't suggesting you crack it out. I believe the color is natural and could care less what it graded. Beatiful coin ya got there and congrats.

Joe,

I wasn't suggesting you crack it out. I believe the color is natural and could care less what it graded. Beautiful coin ya got there and congrats.

Oh I don't think anything of it, just showing it it off a little . I really can't pick up all the colors on this monster, but they are vibrant and really jump out at ya. We all like what we like and most all folks have different ideas on what to collect and how we would like our coins to look. It's just a lot of fun for me and this forum gives me a chance to share this hoby with folks that have the same interest. No one in my family with he exception of my son could not care less about my Buffs or any other coin I own, won't even look at them when I try. Thanks for your interest enough to comment....Joe

what grade is it?

it is absolutely awesome!!!!

It's in a NGC holder with a MS numerical grade and might go up a notch, but it's not the grade that draws me to lay down large sums of cash, no not the grade, it's the eye appeal, it kills me every time. Thank you for asking as it is a very nice piece but I really don't like to share the grades of my coins, it not that I am hiding anything, it's just that I would like you all to just enjoy a coin that's so special just for the amazing eye appeal it can project, without a grade attached to it.....Joe