• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just to make me feel better.

32 posts in this topic

X2rider's and my home town has been devastated today by its second large earthquake in 5 months. So I thought I would post some of my newbies that have been photographed by the genius that is Coindude. The bottom two photos are the same coin but you will have to ask Coindude how he did it.

Feel free to add any coins that you wish.

109691.jpg.79c983841d4da799a087e19ed908e8f0.jpg

109692.jpg.d6185309d00c9e12a10e82c266269ad1.jpg

109693.jpg.502f0c2b8de464bf41960e1b8be63787.jpg

109694.jpg.cf9df8e51dcdf46ad47457730e421320.jpg

109695.jpg.49fe64698df2e43114c516ec8af4db70.jpg

I absolutely love that Regina Centennial! May have to get one for myself!!

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the Earth shifting. Hope all is well with both you and Martin. Especially with Martin's recent addition to the family.

All the best John.

I have come to really admire the design of the 1915 Pan-Pac Commemorative $2.50. That's Lady Columbia riding a hippocampus (a creature that is half horse and half dragon) that is symbolic of ship traffic passing though the Panama Canal. Columbia holds the medical symbol, a caduceus in her left hand, which symbolized the victory of the medical staff over the tropical diseases that had plagued previous efforts to build the cannel.

The reverse features George Morgan’s defiant eagle, which he introduced on some pattern coins many years earlier. Some have suggested that this symbolism had to do with America’s (then) possible entry into World War I.

PanPac250O.jpgPanPac250R.jpg

I am happy to hear you both escape relatively unscathed. I thought of you when I heard the news on the radio and was awaiting some kind of word here from you.

Love that gold!! Thanks for the replies guys. I have been very lucky with this shake, we have full power, water and sewage where I live. Martin on the other hand has none of the above.

Hi Folks

Wow what a crazy couple of days .

All our family is safe and well which is the most important and you find that times like this that the materials things are of very little relevance .

Our house is pretty much toast with cracks running right through it from one side and out the other . Doors can't shut and chimney fallen from the side of the house . Little things really in the grand scheme of things .

The pictures tell a story but you just can't get a grip on it until you see it for yourself and experiance the power of mother nature The road outside our house is now 1/2 meter higher than my driveway and the only way to get out of the drive is to leave all the sand that had come up in the way and drive over the top Lucky I drive a Ford :)

This is such a blow to the city and the worse thing is that people might decide that they don't want to live hear anymore . that would really be a double blow .

Will probably be a a week or so until we get any services back . But I just tell the kids it's just like camping . :)

Thanks for everyones kind thoughts and wishes . They are greatly appreciated and put a smile on your face .

I have to send a huge thanks to john {nunfa0 } He has been some one of contact for me and sort out problems that I can't attend to . (thumbs u

Cheers Martin

We have some friends here from New Zealand and they just found out early this morning their house is gone. We're trying to get them on a flight out today but not having much luck as we're getting hit with a blizzard and the flights are grounded for now because the visibility is below FAA standards for take off(?)

Just a quick update, Martin has been forced to move his family in with a friend. His house is in an area that has had no power, water or sewage for the last 10 days. The death toll in Christchurch has officially reached 163 but will get much higher. We have lost 100 international visitors to our city and that really hurts.

We have had wonderful teams from all over the world come to our aid and New Zealand will NEVER forget that. The US team was here within 48 hours and the GB team was close behind. As for the Aussies, we love to hate them when it comes to sport but the ANZAC spirit is very much alive and well and our Aussie brothers and sisters came to patrol our broken streets and save our injured from the broken buildings.

We will rebuild and our city will be even more beautiful than it was, but in the mean time we are still here and open for visitors.

To keep this coin based here is my PR69 Dcam Silver Mississippi quarter. This coin is the one that finished my set.

109995.jpg.954c5fb7cf1786d18f11f895bf680615.jpg

It's sad to see the devastation over there on the news. We've had a lot of major disasters the last few years, that's for sure! Glad to hear ya'll are at least fine and my thoughts and prayers go out to the ones that lost their loved ones!!

Bobby, my wife and her sister were in terrible head-on crash with a drunk driver early Saturday morning. Both are really bruised up from seat belts and airbags. But were both able to walk away with help. I was able to get to them within 5 minutes to help them and transport to ER. The other driver had to be extracated with jaws of life as he was pinned in. Can't go into details as it pending investigation. The good Lord took care of the wife and her sister for sure. Keep them in your prayers though as both are slowly going through a lot of post accident trauma.

Ps sorry didn't mean to interrupt the thread. But this may put our plans on hold for a bit.

188675_10150110854129643_673844642_6304033_2528583_n.jpg

190654_10150110891824643_673844642_6304401_3292132_n.jpg

Man that looks bad Irvin. Thank God they are better than what they could've been. I'm a firm believer in seat belts. It's been a habit to put mine on first thing for the last 25 or more yrs. Give'em my best Irvin!!!

Wow, there's some crazy stuff going on with God working in between the lines if you keep an open mind.

Irvin, all the best and glad to hear your wife and her sister are ok.

For Martin, wishing you the best my friend, and you and your family as well as all NZ are in my prayers.

Man that is amazing!! Your wife and sister were so lucky and I hope the Police throw the book at him.

The photos show my sister in-law's 2008 Prius left front, 2nd photo was a 24 year old young man's Toyota p/u. Thanks everyone for the get well wishes. Wife is a tough old bird but I think this put her in the cage. ;)

foghorn.jpg

Jeez Irvin and I thought we were lucky . Nice to see everyone safe and well

This is a big thanks to all the people on the forum for your thoughts over the last few weeks .

We have moved out of our house and not to sure for how long that will be either .

We seem to be the 5% that doesn't have any services and doesn'took like it will for a while . So not sure of the time frame there .

Hope to get back into some more collecting in the next few weeks as I start to get my head around the whole thing . I think collecting will give me a chance to have some sort of organization in my live ..

Thanks Again

Martin