• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT or natural toning ?

18 posts in this topic

Consistent with colors and patterns seen on naturally toned coins, but in my experience there is zero premium for toned bullion (non-US mint, of course).

Agreed!!

Natural, and I would say no premium. People might pay a premium for Naturally Wild toned bullion, but it has been my experience that bullion silver that is considered "RARE" is the only bullion that commands a premium.

That tarnish is not particularly attractive and adds nothing to the desirability of that silver round. If it were mine, I'd dip it. Even with colorful toning, bullion buyers seldom pay even a modest premium for the color.

Now you have my curiosity going! A couple of the respondents said that they would not pay a premium (or there shouldn't be one) for toned bullion. I'm wondering what they would think about this silver Kennedy bar that is owned by Stefanie, aka Coinsarefun.

Chris

109161.jpg.f8a190decbb40468e51def8f7b7b5ae9.jpg

I am not sure "AT vs NY" really applies to silver rounds. After all, what's the natural place to keep them? Coins are "naturally" kept in circulation, albums, etc., but silver rounds are "naturally" kept in far more inept areas, such as the sock drawer, cigar box, the jewelry cabinet, jsut piled up in a cardboard box, or even in a beer keg in a damp basement (true story).

WOW Chris that,s cool

Maybe we have stumbled on an inexpensive way to increase bullion value over melt other than slabbing?

I sure wouldn't mind owning it, but unfortunately, it belongs to Stef. Lucky gal!

Chris

I think there are probably people out there that might pay a little over for some nicely toned bullion but I don't think it would be a properous task to try to tone all your bullion. When I look at bullion rounds etc..., I just think of weight.

First of all I believe the bullion in the original post is NT.

But to most it doesn't really matter, they just see bullion.

I on the other hand like toned bullion almost as much as toned coins,

They have an advantage because they are .999 silver and can get great wild colors.

I would pay a premium and have sold some at a premium, not like a toned coin but still a premium.

Here are a few more examples

9b729581.jpg

54ae15c8.jpg

Continentalcurrencydollarsilverbull.jpg

97b41964.jpg